New UI for Windows [Let us know what we can do to improve, UI can be improved]

Hi I´m currently a user of Windows, Android and MAC OS. I was wondering if the team for Windows is gonna upgrade the current UI for it. Right now is usable for sure, but.... it´s probably one of the ugliest desktop applications that I have in my system, but in MAC Os is a wonderful application. Why this big difference between platforms?

Thanks for your time and keep doing this amazing job.

Comments

• Gator5000e
    Gator5000e
    Community Member

Have to agree with you on the UI.

• We have a fairly long discussion on the user interface here that will be of interest.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@umbertix Yes we can improve the UI but 1Password 4 for Windows isn't all that different from 1Password 4 for Mac:

• Hi guys,

If there is something specific you want us to improve, please let us know in more details.

• Hi,

Sorry for this really late reply. Didn´t see it on my email.

Well I´m not an expert on UI, and I don´t won´t to sound pedantic (I don´t do yet ;) ) But for example:

• Displaying the number of entries inside '(' is quite "old style", while in MAC you are using some nice styling.
    • The title bar with option dfor each entry in windows and the information of the entry look clunky, while the MAC design is clean and "breath" way more.
    • Application top abr, in windows there is text next to the icons, while in MAC there isn`t again that let's the MAC design breath way more and it's not so overcrowded.
    • The general icon styles looks old. In MAC you are using nice 3d effects all over the app, but not in Winodws where everything is flat.
    • The nice icons (for each entry) are not displayed on the details for Windows. (That's probably a bug).
    • The sternght bar, again flat style agains niced styled rounded bar.

Well averall as you can see just looking over it, to me looks like a really old desktop app. Probably remembers me to XP applications styling.....

However, thanks for a good app that I do use A LOT. ;)

• Hi @umbertix,

Thanks for the suggestions, we definitely have most of these in mind for revisiting in the future.

We do issue UI refreshes more often on OS X and iOS than we do on Windows but we plan to change this. I unfortunately don't have a timeframe on when this will change but stay tuned.

This discussion has been closed.