1PasswordAnywhere Errors

Hello,

When I logged into my Dropbox account to log into 1PasswordAnywhere I noticed that logins that I recently deleted from my trash bin were still showing up in my vault. Everytime I tried to click one of the logins in the trash bin a popup would appear and say "error TypeError: string is undefined" then I would click ok and another popup would appear that says "An error occurred while processing item 'undefined'." I tried clicking the reset 1Password vault within the 1Password client but it said I didn't have any errors. How do I fix this problem?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Nickolas: Ah, sorry you're having trouble there. Which browser, 1Password, and Windows version are you using?

First, make sure that you are accessing 1PasswordAnywhere through the Dropbox website, not from the computer's local storage (which would show as a file:// URL in the address bar).

Are you syncing your 1Password data from another computer where you deleted those items? It might be that something prevented Dropbox from syncing everything properly. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member

I am using 1Password version 4.3.1560 with Firefox version 36.0.4 and 1Password extension 4.3.1. I currently only have 1Password setup on my laptop and Android device. This is definitely a sync related issue. I was able to fix the issue by exporting 1Password into a interchange file, creating a new vault and importing the file.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@Nickolas: Ah, interesting. Yes, if some data does not sync correctly (files missing or incomplete) then that would account for the errors you're seeing. A common cause is the Dropbox process being terminated or blocked by security software.

Definitely check out the Dropbox troubleshooting guide, as it covers common Dropbox Sync issues and includes links to information on their site as well. I hope this helps! :)

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member

Can you do me a favor and try sending a login/account to trash, then remove it from the trash manually by selecting the login/account and see if you see the same error message I am seeing in 1PasswordAnywhere. I confirmed that syncing with Dropbox is working however the issue continues.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member

Oh and why isn't the repair feature built into 1Password not fix this issue?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Nickolas: Repair just rebuilds the database. There isn't any way for missing data to be reconstituted from nothing, unfortunately.

Thank you for clarifying though! I thought you meant you weren't able to access your items in 1Password at all. It seems that 1Password for Windows might not be updating the index in 1PasswordAnywhere when an item is deleted. I've filed a ticket for this so that the development team can check it out. In the mean time, though, if you empty the trash completely by right-clicking, it should clear things out for you in 1PasswordAnywhere properly. Cheers! :)

ref: OPW-361

This discussion has been closed.