1PasswordAnywhere doesn't conceal passwords

I noticed today when I went to my Dropbox account to access 1PasswordAnywhere that instant messeneger account passwords aren't concealed, why is this?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Nickolas: Not all fields are concealed in 1PasswordAnywhere depending on type, but you can use a login item instead if you wish to keep the password concealed. I hope this helps! :)

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member

Do you know if this is something you plan adding in the future? because accounts are just as important as logins.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Nickolas: This may be something we can improve in a future version. But mainly 'Accounts' are fairly generic and meant to be flexible to cover a number of different uses. 'Logins' are, by design, meant for username and password, so that may be a better fit in this case. Especially since most Instant Messenger services nowadays also have a web presence. But ultimately it is up to you how you store your data; we just offer templates for some common uses. Cheers! :)

• Hi @Nickolas,

This will not be improved in the future because Accounts group do not exist anymore in the newer 1Password data format that we call OPVault. Many of the categories within Accounts have been split into their own categories or converted to Logins such as FTP and Instant Messenger items.

This discussion has been closed.