password is entered and then disappears

Using 1passowrd in Windows XP and Chrome 10 current Beta

I go to this site:
https://access.emdeon.com/CIHS/

I click on the key symbol,
I click on the blue bar which is the saved login for that site.
I see that the user name and password are quickly filled and then disappear from the fields and thus I cannot enter the site.

1. Is there a way to fix this?
2. In Chrome, it seems that clicking the blue bar for the identity executes both fill and enter. Is there a way for some websites to do fill only?

Thanks

Comments

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    edited March 2011
    [font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]I have encountered some sites that act this way as well. To get around this issue, I tell 1Password to never auto-submit the login for that particular site. To do that, open the 1Password app, find the login item, and edit the entry. One of the options that will show up is called "Submit" for submitting the login. The options here are: 1) If auto-submit is on, Always, and Never. Choose "Never" and save the login. Then, when you choose to fill in that login item it will not submit the form in the browser. You will then have to manually click on the login button for the site, but the form should retain your information.

I don't know why this happens from a technical perspective, but I know that it has solved all of my problems with similar sites. I am sure that the Agile team can fill you in on the nitty gritty details. I hope this helps.
    [/font]

See these articles as well:
    http://help.agile.ws...gin_issues.html

http://help.agile.ws...ces_logins.html
  • Thanks Folligan. Worked like a charm
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    I am glad that it worked out for you!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Fooligan wrote:

I don't know why this happens from a technical perspective... I am sure that the Agile team can fill you in on the nitty gritty details.

I believe it has to do with the web site's login page being coded so as to reject anything resembling an automated "submit" action, presumably on the premise that it might be some sort of "login robot" trying to muscle its way into the web site through trial and error.

It's an annoyance, though you can see the logic in a roundabout way.

Anyway, Fooligan's advice is spot on (again) and the procedures are similar enough in 1Password for Windows that those 1Password for Mac links should be fairly easy to apply. The principle is to leave auto-submit enabled globally, for convenience, and to disable auto-submit only for the individual sites where it proves to be necessary.

Thanks for helping out, Fooligan!
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    DBrown wrote:

Thanks for helping out, Fooligan!

Thanks. I hope that I am not stepping on anyone's toes. I just try to pitch in where I am confident that I can help out. I figure that is what the forums are all about. With that said, Agile is very fast at responding to ALL of their customers. That is why I continue to come back to this great forum, you can learn a lot from the experts.
  • Thanks for your replies. I have been a happy user of Roboform for years on my PC but it's not such a great product for the iPhone/iPad. So I'm learning a new system in 1 password. BTW I'm in line at the apple store for the ipad2 release. Hope they have enough inventory!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Fooligan wrote:

Thanks. I hope that I am not stepping on anyone's toes.

Not at all, Fooligan!

Your responses have been accurate and friendly: great examples of what's best about open support forums like this one. (y)

Thank you for being so helpful!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2011
    billrush wrote:

Thanks for your replies. I have been a happy user of Roboform for years on my PC but it's not such a great product for the iPhone/iPad. So I'm learning a new system in 1 password. BTW I'm in line at the apple store for the ipad2 release. Hope they have enough inventory!

I'm a former Roboformer, myself. It's an excellent product, but of course we're glad you're interested in the cross-platform capabilities that we're trying to provide with our Windows, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 7 editions.

Enjoy that shiny new iPad! I'm holding out for the next generation before replacing my own. I've gotta exercise some self-restraint. :D
This discussion has been closed.