Sync between PC and iPhone?

I seem to not be able to sync between the two. I have the trial version on the PC that I downloaded today. Thanks so much.

Comments

• @jtsjsprinkle - You can sync 1Password between iPhone and Windows PC using Dropbox and we have great guides to help you set this up -

If you need further help, could you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com.

• jtsjsprinkle
    jtsjsprinkle
    Community Member

When I try and login to dropbox through settings on the dropbox app it says my email or password are incorrect?? But when I login via the website my login's are correct?

• @jtsjsprinkle - could you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can give you more detailed help. Thanks !

• jtsjsprinkle
    jtsjsprinkle
    Community Member

Thanks so much for all the help!!

• @jtsjsprinkle- Did you send an email to us at support? I cannot find a ticket so I am hoping we have helped you.

• jtsjsprinkle
    jtsjsprinkle
    Community Member

Yes you guys did help me with my previous issue. I just email support about another question I had. Thanks so much!

• That's great - thanks for letting us know.

• pazn
    pazn
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

So if i want to use one password in my work pc, i will have to download dropox first? why cant 1password chrome extension sync with cloud? I love the ability of Lastpass that wherever i sign in, i can get all my passwords without having to install another program that stores all my data in a local computer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pazn: Correct. To use the 1Password app on a computer it needs to be installed; and to have your data synced via Dropbox to that computer, the Dropbox app needs to be installed as well.

The 1Password browser extensions are, by necessity, lightweight to be efficient while providing form filling in the browser (and within the limitations of their extension frameworks). Additionally, the 1Password application does not sync data. It encrypts and decrypts the items in your vault on demand.

Many people prefer not to store their data in the cloud at all, so 1Password is primarily a local secure database, with the option to use Dropbox if you choose. We don't presume to make that decision for you.

That said, if you are storing your 1Password data in Dropbox you may be able to use 1PasswordAnywhere to access it via the Dropbox website. I hope this helps! :)

• pazn
    pazn
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

Thanks @brenty! So if i only use the ios app and the chrome extension, will i need to pay for 1password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@pazn: You're welcome! :)

However, without the 1Password app on the computer, the browser extensions do nothing, since they won't have a vault (and therefore data to fill) or the means to process the data.

1Password for iOS is a free app with an in-app purchase to unlock the pro features; and 1Password for Windows has a 30-day free trial as well. Each platform is licensed separately, since they are developed (and supported) specifically for each OS.

• Hi @pazn,

Just to clarify on the trial restriction for the desktop applications; it is unlimited for the first 30 days and after that, free to use with 20 items or less. Once you exceed 20 items, you'd need to purchase a license to remove the application restrictions.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I love the ability of Lastpass that wherever i sign in, i can get all my passwords without having to install another program

@pazn The LastPass model is different from ours. We do not have (do not host) your data. You yourself have the data, and you decide where it should "live". If you want it in the cloud and have it sync to all your devices automatically, then you can put your data "under Dropbox control". If you want to sync it to your mobile devices but never leave your LAN, then you can Wi-Fi Sync it manually. Lots of possibilities.

This discussion has been closed.