Converted a Password item to a Login, Password item no longer exists and it is moved to Trash

Vancion
Vancion
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, I have created a password for a website(e.g. a.com) using the Chrome extension. After a day or two, when I search in my vault, I cannot find the password anymore. I did some digging, and find out that I could find an entry with a.com in \1Password.agilekeychain\data\default\contents.js.

["xxxxxxxxx94B476F8F8xxxxxxxxxx","passwords.Password","a.com","http://a.com",1428484046,"",0,"Y"]
I also can find the file xxxxxxxxx94B476F8F8xxxxxxxxxx.1password in \1Password.agilekeychain\data\default\

However, when I search for a.com in 1Password, I still cannot find anything. This only happened to me once, any passwords created before or after that one works fine.

I am running on 1Password 4.3.1.560, Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10049 and Chrome 41.0.2272.118 m with 1Password Beta 4.4.0.4.

Comments

• @Vancion - Can you edit that 1Password record in the 1Password main app. Make sure that the option to 'Display in web browser' is checked. Please let me know if this helps.

• Vancion
    Vancion
    Community Member

@LauraR Hi Laura, Thanks for your reply. I cannot find the record in the 1Password main app or in the Chrome extension.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Check that you have selected the "All" folder on the left side.

• Vancion
    Vancion
    Community Member

@RichardPayne , I have checked many times and still cannot find it.

• Hi @Vancion,

Can you open the 1Password application, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > General. Next to 1Password vault, does it point to \1Password.agilekeychain folder you were looking in? Do you only have one 1Password vault?

Based on your pasted content of the item, this is a Password item. In the main 1Password application, go to the View Menu and make sure View Generated Password option is checked. If yes, go to the sidebar to select the Generated Passwords category, sort it by the modified date, and see if you can find it on top of the list now.

In addition, by default, the search will only search for the titles, not all of the fields. See if anything comes back by clicking on the toolbar's search icon to select Search all fields and then see if you can now find items with a.com.

If you still can't find it, can you check the Trash folder to see if it is there.

• Vancion
    Vancion
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Thanks for your reply. I found it in the Trash folder. I do not think I have deleted the entry before. My guess is it got deleted when converting from a "Password" to a "Login". Thank you again for solving my problem.

• Hi @Vancion,

You're welcome. Yes, once a Login is created from this conversion, the Password copy will be moved to the Trash folder.

This discussion has been closed.