Firefox add-on for 4.3.1 vs. 3.x

I "upgraded" to what I thought was the latest Firefox extension for Windows. This was after I upgraded to the latest 1pw for Windows, 4.3.1, which was marketed with a lot of big hoopla about what a great improvement it was. I was very surprised to see that the firefox extension for 4.3.1 looked extremely primitive compared to the 3.x version I had been using, which looked a lot like the Mac version I've used for a while. (I have both PC and Mac on my LAN). Did I load the wrong add-on somehow? Or there's some other 1pw version I should be using? I'm just an average user, and the basic features I need are there, but whew, it is two steps backwards in look and feel...What happened?

Comments

• Hi @InTheHills,

The latest version of 1Password 4 extension is 4.3.1, so that is the right version number.

It should look like this:

If that is what you're seeing, can you tell us what you'd like to see improved?

We know 1Password Helper (the native front-end to your 1Password extension) is a bit limited compared to the previous extension, it has no built-in editing and searching is unintuitive. This has to do with the fact that we're rebuilding the native UI from the ground up and we saw some unexpected limitations with what Windows can give us on the UI. We're working on this but I don't have a timeframe on when you can expect to see a lot of the improvements we want to do.

One tip for editing is that you can open your items quickly in the main 1Password application. To do this, right-click on the item in 1Password Helper to select Open in 1Password like this:

For searching, just start typing after you open 1Password Helper, it'll start searching for you like so:

This discussion has been closed.