TOTP feature for the two-stage login sites

Options
2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Vic: Also be sure to save your Backup Codes (in 2-Step Verification > Verification Codes > Backup Options) as a failsafe (you can copy these to the Notes in your login in 1Password). :)

• Vic
    Vic
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Sorry. I've gone into 2-Step V every single time I've been through this. Maybe you could show me how to navigate the panels within this choice, because I'm obviously not finding the ones you are referring to.

• Vic
    Vic
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty My initial entry in this series referred to the fact that my contact phone is my land line and I received the code by an automated voice call. I do have have an older cell phone which has a number but which cannot receive text messages, only voice. Not sure how I should handle this question of backups or how to choose to respond on this page.

• Vic
    Vic
    Community Member
    Options

Your instructions at this point were: "Turn on 2-Step and Switch to app (it will make you choose a device, but any will suffice)
    When you're given the QR code, click Can't scan the barcode?" I took this to mean choose the tab "App-Specific Passwords".

SS7.png 118.1K
  • Vic
    Vic
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Okay! I found it. I used the "switch to app" button, then was careful not to use any of the choices on the next screen, and continue took me to the screen with the barcode and the entry you refer to in step 12. I should be able to handle it from there. I really do think you ought to include these details, because it's easy to interpret things the way I did. Thanks again for your patience.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

@Vic: Good to hear! That's why I included the animations along with the screenshots. We're not able to offer support for Google's website, strictly speaking. It was just used as an example.

But you're very welcome! And likewise, thanks for toughing it out. Getting the information you need to set up TOTP from the authentication service can be pretty inscrutable sometimes, but we've pared it down to a few clicks in 1Password at least. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.