Non-Standard Records [Will be improved in 1Password 4.3.2 stable update]

Options
JeffG
JeffG
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I want to add records for things like medications, with fields like medication, strength, amount taken, frequency, and Rx number. I also want to add records for my insurance information, with information like policy number, member ID, and Plan. (This is not a login, it’s the information on the card you have to show every time you visit your doctor.) I realize these are non-“standard” record types, but I’m looking at 1Password as a repository for all of my private information.

I’ve tried adding these as secure notes. I can add the fields I want on my ios devices, but not on my windows device. If I add the fields on my ios devices, I cannot even see them on my windows device.

I’ve tried adding them as memberships. Memberships have a (unnamed) section with standard information, including group, website telephone, member name, member since, expiry date, member ID, and password. On my windows device, I’ve deleted all of that standard information and added the fields that I need (in new sections). On my windows device, if I select the newly created membership record, I cannot see the added information unless I edit the record. As an alternative approach, I’ve also tried renaming the standard fields in the membership record, but the new names cannot be carried over to the ios devices.

On my ios device, I cannot delete the unneeded standard information and cannot see the added fields unless I edit the item. (Well, I can delete the unneeded fields, but they come back.)

Am I missing something? How can I add the types of information that I need as described above?

Regardless whether these issues are bugs or features, please fix them in forthcoming releases.

Thanks.

• Jeff

My environment:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
Browser: Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17728, Update Versions 11.0.18
Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.2.361 (a)
1Password Version 4.3.1.560 (Windows)

I have found Internet Explorer Extensions under Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab > Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions. But I have not found anything that says it’s a browser extension or an IE extension.

In Kaspersky, I have disabled Secure Keyboard Input.

In 1Password, Verify Web Browser Code Signature is checked. Auto-Submit Logins is checked.

I also have an iPad Air 2 (model MF010LL/A) and an iPhone 5 (model MD664LL/A), both running iOS 8.3. These devices are running 1Password 5.4.

I synchronize all 3 devices using Dropbox 3.4.4 (windows) and 3.8.1 (iOS)

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I’ve tried adding these as secure notes. I can add the fields I want on my ios devices, but not on my windows device. If I add the fields on my ios devices, I cannot even see them on my windows device.

@JeffG We have fixed this problem in version 4.3.2.BETA-562

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4#beta

Can you please download version 4.3.2.BETA-562 and confirm the fix? Thanks!

• JeffG
    JeffG
    Community Member
    Options

Confirmed. Thank you for the fix.

• Jeff
  • LauraR
    Options

@Jeff - Thanks for confirming that the latest beta release fixed this issue.

This discussion has been closed.