No access to Dropbox vault

dommi2601
dommi2601
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi there,

I've installed the 1Password modern app on my Windows 10 tablet. It starts up and I can create a local vault and work with bit. But when connecting a Dropbox based vault, I don't know how to access it. I've connected the app to the Dropbox account and it shows it in the settings dialog but I can't do anything from there on.

Thanks,

Christoph

Comments

• Koza
    Koza
    Community Member

Same issue as dommi2601. I am able to add dropbox vault, but application ends there and I am basically not able to move anywhere further.
    Windows 8.1 (8.10.14226.359), Nokia Lumia 930

• StrAbZ
    StrAbZ
    Community Member

Same here, I can add a Dropbox vault, but when I need to activate it, it is not listed.
    I'm on Lumia 925 with Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 (8.10.14234.375).
    My Dropbox vault has been created a while ago, but I'm using it with the last version of 1Password for Mac (version 5.3).

• boocheck
    boocheck
    Community Member

Hallo
    Same problem with Dropbox.
    And if i create new local vault, i'am not able add any new card.
    Nokia Lumia 625

• Cleaver
    Cleaver
    Community Member

Same problem on lumia 830

• hamilton1845
    hamilton1845
    Community Member

Same for me as well, added account and gets to the list where to activate vaults. Can't get passed this, don't know how to choose the Dropbox vault...

Nokia Lumia 735, OS version 8.10.14157.200
    On OSX using the Version 5.3 (530032)

Cheers,
    Eric

• Spectre
    Spectre
    Community Member

Same problem on My lumia 1520. I have tried to save manually my valut from dropbox to my phone but i have in this case the same problem.

• paulomalley
    paulomalley
    Community Member

It seems we are all in the same boat here... Once you sign in with Dropbox, you are unable to advance into the app. The only way to get through is to create a Local Vault which kind of defeats the purpose of using a cloud backup. And speaking of backups, can't wait for OneDrive Support... Literally the ONLY reason I even have a Dropbox Account is because 1Password won't support OneDrive.

• Koza
    Koza
    Community Member

It would be maybe wise from agilebits, to provide us with the list of functionalities that are available at this alpha release :) If it is there somewhere and we missed it, sorry.

• steppyhen
    steppyhen
    Community Member

Same issue here - Lumia 930 running Win 8.1 Denim. Connected to Dropbox but it's not showing the vault that is stored there.

• Kristian
    Kristian
    Community Member

Same issue here - PC running Windows 8.1. I have two vaults: One for productive use and one for testing. Non of them are shown in the app.

• sintomate
    sintomate
    Community Member

Same issue here... Lumia 830 running Windows 8.1 Denim. I can connect to Dropbox, however I cannot access my vault.

• gutwurm
    gutwurm
    Community Member

I have the same Problem on a Lumia 1020 with Windows 8.1 Denim and the language of the OS is German.

• MacLifeGR
    MacLifeGR
    Community Member

I can confirm this issue as well. No way to access dropbox vault. I am happy to see though that there will be a OneDrive alternative! :)

• dommi2601
    dommi2601
    Community Member

Different error message :-) We unfortunately didn't get an error message ;-)

• Hey Guys,

Unfortunately at the moment the 1Password Alpha only supports *.opvault vaults for syncing with Dropbox (not *.agilekeychain).

If you are using 1Password 4 for Windows, you can easily create a OPVault by clicking File > New 1Password Vault and selecting a file type of *.opvault.

Hope that clears up some confusion with the new Alpha :)

• dommi2601
    dommi2601
    Community Member

Is there another tool which can convert the file? I'm using an older version.

• @dommi2601 At the moment 1Password 4 for Windows is the only way of creating an OPvault from scratch.

• rustyshelf
    rustyshelf
    Community Member

So what should people like me who only have .agilekeychains from OS X and iOS do? I don't have the Windows version. Is this a new file format going forward, or do you just have two different standards?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I've just signed up. I'm still on the .agilekeychain as well and don't have any .opvault created yet.

• MacLifeGR
    MacLifeGR
    Community Member

Thank you for the answer Greig. Is there an easy way to tranfer records from agilekeychain to opvault?

• GreigAllen
    edited April 2015

If you are using 1Password 4 for Windows, after you create the new OPVault you can Export your data from the older vault to 1PIF, then Import it into your new OPVault.

However if you are using 1Password 5 for Mac we do have a work around for creating OPVaults, but its for our "power users" out there that know their way around Terminal. So if you would like the instructions please email our support team here: support+windowsmodern@agilebits.com

• MacLifeGR
    MacLifeGR
    Community Member

Awesome... i think the Windows method will do the trick for me. Thanx!

• mcgu
    mcgu
    Community Member

Hi!

Do you plan a feature to convert agilekeychain to opvault? When i use the Export and Import mehtod, i loose a lot of data in the section accounts, software, identities.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@mcgu, I recently reported the "export-agilekeychain-to-1PIF, import-to-opvault" problem to the 1Password for Windows dev team. I'm sure they'll look into a fix as soon as they get a chance.

In the meantime, remember that 1Password for Windows Modern is very much an alpha product. We appreciate your feedback on the direction in which it's headed, but hope you'll be patient as we flush out kinks like this one in the process (though this particular one isn't related to the new app).

Thanks so much for your help!

• dommi2601
    dommi2601
    Community Member

I've tried to export / import the data but when accessing it via the modern app it just comes up with the datasets but not with the details. So i.e. I can see an entry "www.google.com" but when I click on it nothing happens.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@dommi2601, can you describe the steps you took in creating the .opvault, getting it "into" the new Windows Modern app, and viewing it there?

Also, what kind of device are you working on?

I'd like to try to reproduce it on my own test devices.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

I see.

That's 1Password for Windows, @dommi2601, and I'm sorry to say you'll need to ask in that forum what might be wrong.

I've moved your question there, so it gets the attention it deserves.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.