Wallet/Accounts [Use View menu to remove it], iCloud [Apple doesn't support CloudKit for Windows]

Options
jsauve
jsauve
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Good day,

I realize that 1Password started out in the Apple universe, but it IS nice to also have the WIndows app available (I use 'em all - Mac, iOS and Windows!).

A couple of things I'd love to see going forwards:

1) Consistency in the folder list. On the Mac side, I've got Credit Cards, Reward Programs, etc. Once synced to my Windows app (via WiFi), a lot of that ended up in Wallet. Would be nice to have the same categories/navigation options.

2) Now that Apple has released iCloud for Windows and we have access to iCloud Drive in Explorer, it would be great to have 1Password leverage that so we can sync not only across devices, but across platforms as well.

Thanks!

Jacques

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

Consistency in the folder list. On the Mac side, I've got Credit Cards, Reward Programs, etc. Once synced to my Windows app (via WiFi), a lot of that ended up in Wallet. Would be nice to have the same categories/navigation options.

@jsauve A lot of our Window customers like the Wallet and Accounts groups because it makes the UI less cluttered. That being said, you can turn OFF these groups here:

View > Wallet
    View > Accounts

Now that Apple has released iCloud for Windows and we have access to iCloud Drive in Explorer, it would be great to have 1Password leverage that so we can sync not only across devices, but across platforms as well.

@jsauve That would be great indeed, but unfortunately 1Password for Mac and iOS do not use iCloud Drive. They are using CloudKit. This CloudKit technology we're using on OS X and iOS does not exist on Windows. That being said, here is a scenario where you can use iCloud Drive on Mac and Windows.

This discussion has been closed.