A few areas for improvement in the Alpha

Options
pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, just a few observations on the Alpha:

1. It would be nice if you could copy the Android and iOS ability to specify a pin to log into 1Password if you close the App, instead of having to re-enter the full password each time. This is my most wanted feature from other 1Password platforms - hopefully it's do-able on Windows Phone. This only applies when you close the app using the task switcher and then want to quickly log in again.

2. Hierarchical Folders - at the moment all your folders are included in the folders view despite whether they're been grouped together in your desktop App. Hopefully as the alpha progresses, this could be changed so that folders are grouped together in the order they are in on the 1Password for Windows Desktop App.

3. At the moment there's no button to reveal web-site passwords. Also for software registration codes and some other web-site fields, there's no button to select the whole registration code - comes in useful when the code is split into chunks (which can only be individually selected) like AFG52-34GTH-ARTY75 or username@website.com

4. When you login, the app shows a grey screen for a couple of seconds. Maybe a black screen could be shown instead, so that it ties into the main theme?

5. If the app could tie into Windows Phone built-in notification system (for example to show sync updates), that would be great. As would be the option to run in the background to receive keychain updates.

6. The option of a light theme for those who want it.

Sorry if this is a lot of points. The new app is still a great improvement over the current App, and I'm sure will only get better as the Alpha progresses.

Comments

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

One last thing - maybe a sticky on the forum to show planned and requested features as there was for the current Windows App when it was in beta.

• Thanks @pbryanw! That is one good wish list and we will see what we can do to get most if not all of it :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1. Great idea, @pbryanw!

2. Thanks—I reported that to Dev myself, a few days back.

3. Do you mean when you're viewing a Login item? If so, try tapping the ... button to see Reveal and Copy commands. If you mean something else, can you clarify, please?

"7." I expect things like that will come as the alpha moves into a beta.

Thanks for the feedback!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

@Dbrown - Hi, yes when viewing a login item I can't see a way to reveal the password. I clicked the "..." button and the options are "add item...", "edit", "Browse" & "Share". Am I missing something obvious?

Also, hopefully, the folders list being sorted alphabetically (or sort options) will come in a future version. Thanks to both of you for getting back to me.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

My bad, @pbryan—each field has a "..." button when you use the app on a tablet, not when you use it on a phone.

Sorry for the confusion!

This discussion has been closed.