Logins in browser don't appear on desktop[Sync between ext and 1Password was blocked by Malwarebyte]

Options
gorham
gorham
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi. Using 1pw 3.9.20. I have several logins that appear in my toolbar 1pw but not in my desktop (master?) 1pw. My understanding is that it's preferable to add logins through the toolbar which I mostly do. But it's important to me that all the logins appear in both locations.

I guess my questions are 1) why aren't my logins in both locations; and 2) what should I do to have them do so?

I should maybe note that I have 1pw4 available but don't like the interface in the toolbar so I don't use it.

Thanks much for any help.

-G.

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

@gorham - Could you create a diagnostics report as per this guide -https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/diagnostics-report - and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com. Please can you also include a link back to this discussion. We will then help you further through our support system. Thanks!

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    Options

Done. Thanks so much for helping.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

why aren't my logins in both locations

@gorham The 1Password helper isn't synchronizing your logins from the browser extension to the main program.

what should I do to have them do so?

@gorham Please follow the steps in this article; it might kick the synchronization back "into gear".

• LauraR
    Options

Thanks @gorham - we'll look out for your ticket.

ref: UAX-76663-435

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch Thanks for your response. For now I'm going to wait for the support ticket to play out. The link you sent is interesting and I may need to use it. But now I'm wondering how I would have found it. I'd not have thought of syncing as what was going on between my browser and my desktop so I wouldn't have searched on that. And now that I know what I'd have been looking for, I still wouldn't have found it.

Sigh. How is a body to know what to look for?

• LauraR
    Options

@gorham - We have received your support ticket and will reply shortly. In the meantime please do not reinstall the browser extension as that will only help if your logins are in main program but not in extension.

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    Options

After extensive help from @LauraR, the problem has been solved. I don't see any way to mark it thus so I'm just noting it here.

Apparently something in Malwarebytes was interfering. We stopped those processes and did a repair to the data after which all the logins appeared in both locations. At Laura's suggestion, I restarted the malware app and then created a new log-in. Which appears in both locations. Hopefully that ends the saga.

Meanwhile, a huge shout-out to @LauraR for her patience and creativity. It's a pleasure to deal with companies with support staff like her.

-G.

• LauraR
    Options

@gorham - Thanks for noting back here that this problem has been solved. It was a pleasure helping you. I think the restart of the helper fixed the problem. Temporarily disabling Malwarebytes was an extra precaution.

ref: UAX-76663-435

This discussion has been closed.