1Password on PC is not picking up changes from Dropbox (Internet Connection Problem)

Options
agent117
agent117
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello agilebits,
I currently have 1Password installed on iPhone/iPad(purchased), android phone, and PC. They are all connected to dropbox.
I first bought it on my iPhone (synced to dropbox immediately) , then moved onto iPad, then PC and android
My issue is this : when using iphone, it seems 1p is using the iphone pass database as the template, and dropbox is on the receiving end. And since my iphone got 1p first, I have no trouble transferring data to the other devices. Also when I'm on android, it's also copying data FROM androit TO dropbox
But when I'm on PC, it seems I can only use 1p to get data FROM dropbox. If I make changes to the data on PC, I cannot transfer such changes towards dropbox to use them on my iphone/android.
Q1 : How do I use my PC as the template for dropbox syncing (i.e transfer 1p data from PC to dropbox)
Q2 : For my iphone/android phone, how do I get them to be whether GIVING or RECEIVING data from Dropbox, however and whenever I like ?

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @agent117,

This should all be automatic, it's the same data file that is being read/written across all platforms. Dropbox merely pushes the content of that data file to all devices to ensure they all look the same.

Can you open the 1Password application on Windows and go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Vault. Does this pick up the changes from the other devices?

I just want to make sure this is correct, the data in 1Password for Windows is showing the changes you make on iOS and Android but the other devices are not picking up changes you make from Windows, is this correct?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@agent117 It sounds like maybe Dropbox on your PC isn't running or disabled. Do you see the Dropbox icon in the tray notification area? If yes, then you might want to make sure it is not paused. You can (re-)download the Dropbox client here: https://www.dropbox.com/

• agent117
    agent117
    Community Member
    Options

Hm, I think I know what my problem is now.
    Can someone tell me, if my PC version is still trial, can it sync data to dropbox ?

• LauraR
    Options

@agent117 - the trial version of 1Password is fully functional and your 1Password data will sync to Dropbox. Can you make sure you are using the same Dropbox account on both your Windows PC and your devices. I've seen a few cases where someone has both a personal Dropbox account and a business Dropbox account.

• agent117
    agent117
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, sorry for the delay in relaying information about my case.
    Anyway, my dropbox (PC, android and iOS) has been working fine for the past 2 weeks. Some of the problems/feedback I can give you guys on this case includes :
    1- PC-version did not really give any kind of notification that it synced to dropbox.
    2- My internet connection when I tested this whole syncing issue had serious delay (on a national scale), which I think might contribute to my problem, since when testing I checked between the phone and PC right away. I found out that it was fixed when I didn't really check my phone until the next day.
    Well anyway, thanks for your assistance and I apologize for the slow response.

• LauraR
    edited May 2015
    Options

@agent117 - Thanks for this detailed information. Is everything working and syncing correctly now?

• agent117
    agent117
    Community Member
    Options

Yup. Since I don't really have the needs to change my password, I tested syncing by creating a new dummy pass, and also changing my wifi pass on dropbox. Everything does seem to be in working order, and it's been two weeks

• LauraR
    Options

Thanks for letting us know that all is working well now.

This discussion has been closed.