Primary vault is intact but other vaults are nowhere to be found.... HELP?

Options
Mongozen
Mongozen
Community Member

I recently moved over to a new Mac and everything has been working fine for weeks, however I just found out that my other vaults are not here. Primary Vault is working fine but the other two are nowhere to be found, Not sure how the primary transitioned over but no the other two.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

We really need more information before we can help you. Please tell us:

1. what version of 1P you are using on your Mac (go to 1P > About 1Password and tell us exactly what it says there);
    2. how you moved your 1P data to your new Mac;
    3. whether you sync your 1P data with any other device and, if so, what device and what version of 1P you are running on that device.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mongozen,

If I had to guess based on the information we have at the moment it sounds like maybe you were syncing your primary vault, probably with either iCloud or Dropbox. Now syncing was a per vault setting so if you didn't explicitly set up syncing for the secondary vaults then they wouldn't have left your original Mac.

Along with Stephen_C's questions I would like to ask, do you still have access to the old Mac or a backup from the old Mac. Either would probably do.

Once we have a better idea of your situation we can hopefully help!

• wesellmats
    wesellmats
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. The new Mac I set up will not show the other vaults we have set up. When setting up the new Mac, I installed the 1Password5 and logged in using the vault file on our Dropbox.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wesellmats,

Do you still have the old Mac with all the vaults and if so what version of 1Password for Mac is it running?

With this information we can show you how to set up syncing of the secondary vaults at which point the new Mac will be able to see them in Dropbox or we can go down the route of a using a backup too. If you can let us know what we have to work with we'll do our best to help you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.