Cannot install Firefox extension because of a connection failure [Caused by Avast]

Options
froggies13
froggies13
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

cannot install extension on firefox it says: The add on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on agilebits.com. Has been saying this for several days. See screenshot here: http://screencast.com/t/y5Y7pxUfMP5 (the error grays out when I take the screenshot but it is in the red box).
Thanks!

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

@froggies13 - I'm so sorry you are having a problem with installing the 1Password Firefox extension. Can you try installing from the alternate location as shown in this screen shot -

Please let us know if this helps.

• froggies13
    froggies13
    Community Member
    Options

I get the error after I click Allow as shown on your screenshot.

• froggies13
    froggies13
    Community Member
    Options

The same error as before for the alternate location.

• senalli
    senalli
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, just wanted to mention that the same happens to me as well. I also tried the alternate link and it gives the same message: "The add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on agilebits.com".

Windows 8.1, 64 Bit / 1Password 4.3.1.560 / Firefox 37.0.2

• LauraR
    Options

@froggies13 and @senalli - Are either of you using Avast as it is know to block the install.
    Can you try installing the extension as in this guide.

Please let us know if this helps.

• froggies13
    froggies13
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I use Avast.

• LauraR
    Options

@froggies13 - Thans for that. Did you try using the method I suggested above? Did this work?

• froggies13
    froggies13
    Community Member
    Options

I disabled Avast, installed the extension and then re-enabled avast. Seems to be working fine. Thanks!

• LauraR
    Options

Great - thanks for letting us know!

• senalli
    senalli
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I just wanted to get back to you to let you know that I too was using Avast. I temporarily disabled it and was able to add the extension without any issues. Thanks

• LauraR
    Options

@senalli - Thanks for letting us know :)

This discussion has been closed.