New "Enable Multiple URLs" and actual multiple URLs in a login item.

Options
kathampy
kathampy
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

According to the release notes, you've renamed "Lenient URL Matching" to "Enable Multiple URLs". From what I understand, disabling this should only disable subdomain matching. However it also disables actual multiple URLs in a single login item. If I have perfect matches for two URLs in a single login item (idmsa.apple.com & www.icloud.com) the second one no longer works.

Why are these two different things linked to the same setting? There should be a separate setting for subdomain matching. "Multiple URLs" should not even be a setting! If I don't want multiple URLs to work for a login I can just delete the additional URLs from the login item!

This whole mess smells like an architectural problem.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

According to the release notes, you've renamed "Lenient URL Matching" to "Enable Multiple URLs". From what I understand, disabling this should only disable subdomain matching. However it also disables actual multiple URLs in a single login item.
    This whole mess smells like an architectural problem.

@kathampy: I smell confusion! Sorry for the trouble (which, interestingly enough has been caused by our attempt to make it less confusing...) The functionality has not changed, only the terminology.

Since Lenient URL Matching was only used for supporting multiple URLs in Logins and has no relation to how it works in 1Password for Mac, we've renamed the preference in 1Password for Windows to reflect this.

For performance reasons, it's faster for Helper to find Logins by only looking at the decrypted URLs only (Agile Keychain format). With this feature on, it will scan all Logins for URLs and then compare it to the current URL in the address bar. You can imagine it is more I/O intensive in this situation.

For OPVault, this is already working as if the feature is enabled (all URLs are stored in the overview), it should be enabled and grayed out for them, leaving this option only adjustable for a vault in Agile Keychain format. I hope this helps! :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

From what I understand, disabling this should only disable subdomain matching.

I'm afraid you misunderstood. This setting disables Multipe URLs altogether.

There should be a separate setting for subdomain matching.

Not necessarily. 1Password for Windows will move sub-domain matches to the top of the 1Password menu in your web browser (above the other items that match your current domain).

"Multiple URLs" should not even be a setting

I agree. Unfortunately, this is not how the Mac team designed this feature when they added it to agilekeychain. The setting is therefore here to stay.

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Thanks for the clarification.

Not necessarily. 1Password for Windows will move sub-domain matches to the top of the 1Password menu in your web browser (above the other items that match your current domain).

I was having an issue where it was not auto filling perfect matches for subdomains when I had a different login per subdomain. It kept displaying the list and I had to click the correct one manually. Now it seems to be working.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear! Thanks for the update. We're trying to make sure that 1Password 'does what it says' as much as possible, which is why we updated the wording. If you find anything else like this that is phrased in a way that seems wrong, be sure to let us know so we can make any necessary changes. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.