Chrome random issue - all links open in new tab, mousewheel=zoom

Hello,

I have a random issue that I don't know how to cause it to repeat or what triggers it other than logging into a site using 1Password Ctrl-. Occasionally after I use the Ctrl-\ shortcut to login to a site, it will successfully login, but will open in a new tab. When this happens, from that point forward, every link I click on any web page in the browser will open in a new tab. Also, scrolling with the mousewheel will zoom the page instead of scrolling down. It's almost like 1Password is permanently holding down the Ctrl key.

Sometimes I can just close Chrome and re-open it and the issue goes away, but other times I have to completely restart the PC. Seems about 50-50 on which fix will work at a given time. Any ideas on why this may be happening? I'm running Chrome Version 42.0.2311.135 m and 1Password Version 4.3.1.560

-Greg

Comments

• Hi @xgrinderx,

Are you selecting a Login item to fill on the site that you have opened already or are you selecting a Login item to perform the Go and Fill action where 1Password will open the site for you before filling in?

Does it happen with the same Login items or is it random?

Would you be willing to test a beta version of the 1Password program and extension? We actually are testing a brand new filling system in the latest betas and it might fix this. Please let me know if you're up for trying and I'll explain how to use the betas.

• xgrinderx
    xgrinderx
    Community Member

I am at the website, and use Ctrl-\ to just fill in the login info and submit. I've been trying to pay attention and it does seem to happen on a certain site. There are two logins saved for this domain, one for the email site and one for the web site. I will start keeping a log of when it happens over the next week or two and see if that may narrow it down a bit.

I may be willing to test a beta if we can't figure anything out from me keeping track of when it happens.

• Hi @xgrinderx,

Can you try re-saving the Login for the site and see if it works?

1. Visit the site's login page, enter your credentials but do not submit
    2. Click on the 1Password button in your browser to select Settings > Save New Login...
    3. Select the option to Create New Login instead of replacing your existing Login.
    4. Give it a name that indicates this is a newer item
    5. Test to see if this works better.
This discussion has been closed.