Lost login items upgrading from 1Password 2

Data disappeared when upgrading
I updated 1password today and can't find any login,secure notes or any information in 1password.I tried logging out and backin and restarting my macbook pro with no luck.PLEASE HELP.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2011
    Welcome to the forums, Brian. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Were you upgrading from 1Password 2 or from a previous version of 1Password 3?

If you upgraded from 1Password 2, it sounds like you might have not yet upgraded your data file to the Agile format, which is required for 1Password 3. To fix this:

1. Drag your existing copy of the 1Password application to the Trash.

2. Download and then install 1Password 2

http://agilewebsolutions.com/downloads

(You will find it near the bottom of the page. You need this old version of 1Password to migrate your data.)

3. Run 1Password 2 and click 1Password > Preferences > Keychain.

4. Click the "Switch to Agile Keychain" button and follow the instructions.

5. Click "Create New Keychain".

6. You may see many "Always Allow/Deny/Allow" prompts. Make sure to click Allow or Always Allow for each item. After that you can download and install 1Password 3:

http://agilewebsolutions.com/downloads

Please move the old copy of 1Password to the Trash and quit any running web browsers before installing the new version.

If you upgraded from a previous version of 1Password 3, you can restore a backup from within 1Password (File > Restore Data File from Backup).

I hope that helps. Please let me know!
  • Thanks,the suggestion you gave worked.I now have everything back.You saved me a lot of trouble,Again Thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    If you don't mind me asking, were you upgrading from 1Password 2?

In any event, I'm glad I was able to help. :-)

Cheers,
  • I was upgrading 1Password2 to 1Password3 and probably did something wrong.It wouldn't be the first time.I really like this product and highly recommend it. Brian787
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for following up (and for the kind words as well)! :-D
This discussion has been closed.