Installing a new beta results in "the normal update route is not available" [Fixed in latest betas]

Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Recently each time I receive a notice of a new Beta version and click on install I get an error message saying something like the normal update route is not available please click on this link to download the update. At the same time as this is going on the update is installing normally anyway.

By the way, if I click on the update link suggested in the error message the Beta version is not available.

Thoughts? If necessary the next time it happens I can take a screen shot.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2015

Hi @Andrew42,

This is a known bug from the previous beta (4.3.2.BETA-569 and previous betas), it is fixed in the latest beta update (4.3.2.BETA-570) already.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Interesting. I downloaded that version this morning with exactly the same result. See attached screen shot

• MikeT
    edited May 2015

Hi @Andrew42,

That's expected, you're now installing the beta with the fix included. Once you have that build, the next beta should not show this problem.

The error message is still coming from beta build 569 as you haven't installed beta build 570 yet.

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member

Thanks for the fix, this was driving me nuts and was actually what turned my attention to 1Password enough to hit up the forums. Things would be quieter today had this gotten fixed a build ago because I'd have been too busy to post up a storm.

Have a great weekend all!

• MikeT
    edited May 2015

Hey @TheDave,

:smile: Your posts were helpful and so, we'd love to hear more from you. If we have to break something to get you to post more, we will do that. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.