Sharing a License [Sharing a license with family does not mean sharing the same data vault]

amnya
amnya
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,
I have read a couple of posts regarding Sharing a license with the family, but i still have this confusion about vaults and licenses.

The scenario is as follows, me and my wife each has his own android phone and each has his own dropbox account, and we share 1 desktop PC and 1 laptop.

1. will i be able to setup two vaults to be used separately? One syncing to my phone and my dropbox and another one shared on her phone and her dropbox? Will we need only 1 license?

2. Since i have two windows PCs, will i have to purchase two licenses? Each for each machine? or is it per OS, so the same license will work on both computers?

3. To be honest, you are not encouraging me to purchase a license as am afraid to buy one now and a week from now you would release the new version, asking me to pay again for the upgrade. :blush:

So far, am so happy with the application, would only love to see fingerprint unlocking on android and windows.

Cheers.

Comments

• @amnya - Your 1Password for Windows license is good for any Windows PC that you own and is also good for up to 6 family members and any Windows PC that they own. So you and your wife can use the same license but still have separate and/or shared 1Password vaults.

In the past when we have released major upgrades that incur an upgrade cost, we have given customers who have purchased within the year a free upgrade.

Yes fingerprint unlocking on all the platforms would be great!

• amnya
    amnya
    Community Member

Thanks a lot LauraR :)

• You're very welcome :) I hoped that clarified the issue and if you have any further questions, just let us know.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

would only love to see fingerprint unlocking on android and windows.

Here is the problem with fingerprint readers (and other biometrics, such as face recognition). /cc @LauraR

This discussion has been closed.