Feature Request: Export Logins to Browser

1Jeff wrote:

Hi apologeticus, welcome to the forums!

According to this page Lastpass can export to CSV files.

LastPass can now export its passwords directly into Firefox's password manager. 1P/Mac can import Firefox passwords. This is a cleaner process than relying on CSVs, and I think it ought to be included in 1P/Mac's Import Assistant.

As someone who uses both 1Password and LastPass, I'd welcome improvements in both directions. It'd be great if 1Password could export login passwords to Firefox, either selectively or en masse. Safari would be fine too. Or Chrome. It really doesn't matter. Export to any of the browser password managers would be a huge improvement over CSV.

—Ben F

Comments

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Firefox and Chrome have now joined Opera in offering password sync. If I could export logins from 1Password to Firefox or Chrome, either selectively or en masse, then I would have easy access to them from other computers. Yum! Much more convenient than logging in to my Dropbox account in order to gain access to 1PasswordAnywhere.

Also, any browser password manager would be a better vehicle than CSV for exporting passwords to another password wallet.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2011
    While CSV is a standard format which can be read by virtually any application which supports import/export, we'll see what we can do about adding additional application-specific export options as well. :-)

Thanks for the suggestion!
This discussion has been closed.