Does data get wiped at the end of the 30 day trial? [Absolutely not, trial is for app, not your data

U818275
U818275
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

My data seems to have been wiped and doesn't appear on my back up either. Does it disappear after the trial? I'm going to have to start all over again, I didn't knowingly delete anything and even the back info has gone...

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

No. Your data does NOT get wiped. That would be a horrible thing to do.

• MikeT
    edited May 2015

Hi @U818275,

Absolutely not, we do not do anything to your data after the trial expires. In fact, 1Password continues to work after the expiration with a few restrictions:

1. If you have less than 20 items, 1Password is free to use with no other restrictions
    2. If you have more than 20 items, 1Password will not let you add new items but you can export data, view your data, and so on.

The trial is for the application itself, not your 1Password data, your data always belong to you.

Do you have an application on your PC that removes data as part of a cleanup task? Do you have other type of backups beside the ones for 1Password, like full drive backups. What about syncing, have you ever sync your 1Password data to the cloud or another PC/mobile device?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

If you have more than 20 items, 1Password will not let you edit or add new items

You can always edit your existing items, but 1Password will not let you add new items if....

1. You have used 1Password for longer than 30 days, and
    2. You have more than 20 items in your vault.
  • U818275
    U818275
    Community Member

Thanks for this, I have done a disck cleanup, should I have unticked something to stop it from being 'cleaned' is it maybe 'temporary files' or files that end '.bak'? I think it must be the cleanup but I thought my files were safe on drop box.. very odd

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

1Password auto-backups are stored in your My Documents folder by default. Are they still there?

If you had the vault stored in Dropbox and they were deleted then you might be able undo the delete:
    https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/400

• MikeT
    edited May 2015

Hi @U818275,

I have done a disck cleanup, should I have unticked something to stop it from being 'cleaned' is it maybe 'temporary files' or files that end '.bak'?

The backups are stored in your Documents > 1Password > Backups folder, it ends in: .agilekeychain_zip. Here's what it looks like in File Explorer:

Your vault files end in either .agilekeychain or .opvault, can you do a search to find any files ending in these file extensions.

The default location would be in Documents > 1Password

but I thought my files were safe on drop box.. very odd

Please be careful with treating Dropbox as a backup place, if something is deleted, it is deleted everywhere, which is why it is not a backup service but rather a sync service. As Richard mentioned, you might be able to restore it from Dropbox if you used Dropbox to sync your 1Password data.

If you did use Dropbox to sync your 1Password data, does the other devices or PC have your data?

This discussion has been closed.