Can't stop 1Password from syncing continuously and crash the application

Options
ShoozNYC
ShoozNYC
Community Member

I posted a problem today related to Dropbox syncing over several devices, but now 1Password on my new MacBook Pro syncs every 5 seconds and crashes the application each time I try to log in. HELP!

Comments

• ShoozNYC
    ShoozNYC
    Community Member
    Options

I have several devices that once synced accurately to dropbox (2010 Macbook Pro, 2010 iMac, 1Phone 6+, iPad mini & iPad 2). After upgrading to 1Password 5, a new agile keychain directory was created. I realized that my new Macbook Pro was syncing to the new directory, so I changed the path so that it will sync to the older directory. After doing this, the number of items in 1Password was different on each machine. Where I once had 1475 logins, now each device has a different number of logins (1155 on the 2010 MBP, 1177 on the 2015 MBP and iPhone 6+, 1156 on iPad mini, and 1146 on my iPad 2). I can't seem to sync all devices so that they all have the same number of items. Is there anyway to merge the two agile keychain directories so that I can restore all of keychains and have all devices in sync again?
    The iPad2 was originally syncing to iCloud, but when I attempted to change to Dropbox, I receive a vault mismatch message which recommends not to merge. I have looked through the forums and have utilized a few of the fixes, but at his point I still can't get everything synced up accurately across all devices.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@ShoozNYC I have merged your two posts into one thread as the problems may well be related and it will make it easier for you to find the answer when one of the AgileBits experts comes along.

Stephen

• ShoozNYC
    ShoozNYC
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen

• bobthegas
    bobthegas
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem of non stop syncing, with up to 900 copies of a particular conflicted icon file. I have deleted 1000's of conflicted copies from dropbox. What is causing this problem? I am syncing a MacBook Pro, iMac., iPhone, and iPad all with the latest OS and 1Password software installed.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ShoozNYC,

I would like you to create the following Diagnostic Reports, one for each device. The following guides will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Possibly the best route would be to create a diagnostic on one of your Macs and email us at support+ forum@agilebits.com. You will receive an automated reply from us with a ticket ID. If you reply to that email when sending in the other diagnostic reports it will keep them all linked and easier for us to view the full picture.

Once you've sent the Report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Something isn't right and it seems like we're seeing an escalation in conflict issues with Dropbox but I've asked the devs and we haven't tinkered with that code recently. I notice Dropbox have released a couple of updates lately but that is merely on observation and not to suggest that's the cause.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bobthegas,

I'd like you to do the same please.

• ShoozNYC
    ShoozNYC
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if I can run the test because there is another issue, which I think might have the same root cause... When I attempt to execute 1Password, it opens for a second then closes and produces a crash dialog to send to Agilebits. This is happening over and over on all my devices..iPhone, iPad, and both Mac computers. The only way to get to my logins is to log into Dropbox (password was saved previously and auto populated from Google, thank goodness) and execute 1PasswordAnywhere. Urgh! :'(

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ShoozNYC,

The crashing will stop you obtaining a diagnostic report on your iOS devices as it's built into the app. On your Mac though you should be able to run the diagnostic report tool as it's a separate application with the download link on the page I linked you to. Please do give it a try and hopefully it will work.

• ShoozNYC
    ShoozNYC
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks to everyone involved in helping resolve this issue, with special thanks to Lars. 1Password is back up and running on all my devices.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ShoozNYC,

On behalf of Lars, littlebobbytables, and the team, you're most welcome! And thanks for sharing the good news; we're so glad 1Password is working for you again. We'll be here to help if anything else comes up (though hopefully it won't!). Happy syncing! :)

This discussion has been closed.