Changed my password in Windows VM, can't unlock it anymore but can on Mac [Investigating]

degussa
degussa
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,
Following problem. I have 1pass v5 on Mac and 1pass v4 on windows (which runs through parallels), everything synced through dropbox.
I can open vault on Mac, IOS but can't open it from windows.

• I checked copies and other vault in Dropbox and have only 1 copy
  • I checked path many times
  • Reinstalled 1pass on windows 7 and also windows
  • check password and language, etc

don't know what to do. The problem occured then I changed master password on My other windows machine afterthat can't open vault, while strange thing that password didn't change on Mac and IOS. Yes I understand it must somehow be other vault but I don't know how to find it.
Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password 2.agilekeychain only 1 dropbox folder and only 1 AgileKeychain file there.

Comments

• Hi @degussa,

Can you tell us what happens when you try to open the vault, what error message does it give you?

You said you changed the master password on the other Windows PC, does that you mean you have two Windows PCs running 1Password? Does that specific PC allow you to unlock with the new master password and if not, have you try unlocking with the old password?

• degussa
    degussa
    Community Member
    1. Error message is that password not right. (Your 1Password could not be unlocked with the password you provided)
    2. Yes I have several PCs, right now I don't access to it and actually already forgot that masterpassword
    3. The main problem is that I not connected my 1Password to the specific vault on PC and the same like MACs. but can't open.

Today I will make local folder on MAC and will try to open from MAC and the same for PC.

• Hi @degussa,

I'm not sure I understand #3:

The main problem is that I not connected my 1Password to the specific vault on PC and the same like MACs. but can't open.

I thought you said you checked the paths in your original post to make sure they're the same vault. If the PC is not using the same vault file as the Mac, that would mean it is likely a different vault with a different password.

To help us figure this out, can you email us your diagnostic reports from both the 1Password program in your virtual machine running Windows and also the Mac app. Please use this guide to generate the diagnostic reports and, in the email with the reports, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.