Larger Font option on login list would be a handy option - Windows

75 year old eyes have a little trouble with the small font size on the main login list. A larger font option would be useful.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2015

Hi @mike18611,

Is this for the Login list in the browser extension or the main program, or both?

Also, are you using 1Password on a high resolution display with a larger text scaling? The reason I ask is that it might show up very small by default on these displays.

Can you also tell me which Windows version you're using?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Mike18611 You can change the font size in your Windows control panel.

• Mike18611
    Mike18611
    Community Member

Running Windows 7. Primarily interested in main program. Current view looks to be about equivalent to 9 or 10 point font in Word or Excel.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

We do not override your Windows display settings. Doing so would be a nightmare for the visually impaired. Sorry.

• Mike18611
    Mike18611
    Community Member

Screen resolution is 1680x1050. Tried changing the resolution but that made everything else too large. This is just a suggestion to make the program a little more friendly. Like it otherwise very much. Thanks for the follow-up.

• Hi @Mike18611,

What Stefan meant is to change the text font size, not the resolution. The resolution change affects everything.

There is a different option where you can change the text size only:

Right-click on your desktop to select Screen Resolution and then on the bottom, select Make text and other items larger or smaller.

• VK1
    VK1
    Community Member

@mikeT
    This is not an option since many programms are not prepared for that and it messes up things. Increase font size on 1PW has been a feature request sine 2011 (see here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/7525/editing-config-files-to-change-gui-options-e-g-font-size-spacing-etc).
    It is amazing how Agilebits is ignoring Windows users. I own both popular OS so I know what I am taking about. The design of 1PW on windows looks terrible.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

This is not an option since many programms are not prepared for that and it messes up things. Increase font size on 1PW has been a feature request sine 2011

@VK1: Indeed, but it doesn't seem fair to blame 1Password for being a good steward in regard to respecting Windows display settings just because other apps don't. :(

Believe me, I've experienced the same frustration. Fortunately Microsoft is really pushing the platform forward (rather ruthlessly, in some ways) with Windows 10, so hopefully more developers are getting on board and breaking some bad (resolution-dependent) habits. You may dislike not being able to tweak display settings in 1Password itself, but it is not resolution-depandant, unlike the other apps your describe, which is a big problem for those with disabilities.

We have some non-trivial work to do on 1Password if we're going to reengineer it to take advantage of the (vastly improved) Windows display features. If you have specific suggestions on how you'd like to see it improved, be sure to let us know so we can benefit from your feedback! :)

• adamctierney
    adamctierney
    Community Member

There's a difference between "respecting Windows display settings" and having an incredibly, unusually small font size for your password. I don't personally need adjustable font sizes, but the size you used is WAY too small (substantially smaller than the default size I see now as I type in this browser).

I downloaded 1Password for my retired parents, and I think I'll end up needing to find another program because the fonts on the stored logins and password are ridiculously small. I've seen people requesting a font size bump for at least 6 years now. Please, please consider implementing this. Just having an option under VIEW along the lines of LARGER FONT that bumps up the text on stored information would satisfy what people have been requesting for years now. I can't imagine this is a major challenge to implement.

Again, I'm not requesting this because I think the site needs adjustable fonts. I'm requesting this because the font size you selected is VERY SMALL. Please consider either bumping up the default size of stored login & info text, or having a LARGER FONT option. Thanks.

• adamctierney
    adamctierney
    Community Member

There's a difference between "respecting Windows display settings" and having an incredibly, unusually small font size for your password. I don't personally need adjustable font sizes, but the size you used is WAY too small (substantially smaller than the default size I see now as I type in this browser).

I downloaded 1Password for my retired parents, and I think I'll end up needing to find another program because the fonts on the stored logins and password are ridiculously small. I've seen people requesting a font size bump for at least 6 years now. Please, please consider implementing this. Just having an option under VIEW along the lines of LARGER FONT that bumps up the text on stored information would satisfy what people have been requesting for years now. I can't imagine this is a major challenge to implement.

Again, I'm not requesting this because I think the site needs adjustable fonts. I'm requesting this because the font size you selected is VERY SMALL. Please consider either bumping up the default size of stored login & info text, or having a LARGER FONT option. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.