How to upgrade from trial to Pro [Buy a license to remove the trial restrictions]

Options
tylersmith21
tylersmith21
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

would like to upgrade to pro, how to get done with any discounts if available????

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tylersmith21: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for any confusion!

1Password for Windows doesn't have a 'Pro' version; rather, the app is fully functional in 'trial' mode (without a license), but you are limited to creating 20 items.

We do have sales from time to time, and, as always, you can purchase a 1Password for Windows license from the AgileBits Store if you decide that you'd like to use it fully unlocked and unlimited. I hope this helps! :)

• jsturni1
    jsturni1
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Other than the ability to create more than 20 items, what is the benefit of purchasing a license? Thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jsturni1,

That's really all there is. A license only removes the restriction to create more than 20 items. Within 20 items, 1Password is practically free to use with no other restrictions.

When you buy a license, you can use it on any number of PCs you own. You can also share the license with up to 5 family members in addition to yourself, and each family member can use it on any number of PCs they own as well.

If you or any of your family members have a Mac as well, buying the Mac+Windows bundle license will extend that to any PCs and Macs you and your family members own.

The one thing is that the license is version dependent, buying a license for 1Password 4 for Windows does not mean you get 1Password 5 as well. If you want to use 1Password 5, you may have to pay the upgrade fee (never the full price). The reason I say may instead of will is that we sometime do provide free upgrades.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jsturni1: In addition to the great information MikeT provided, I'd also add that you're supporting great independent software, which in turn allows us to provide support in the way of personal assistance and continued improvement -- not to mention our undying gratitude. ;)

This discussion has been closed.