Cannot download Firefox plugin (Avast blocking the download)

Options
boddah
boddah
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

__I cannot download the firefox plugin it says agile bits can't be reached

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

@boddah - Can you install the 1Password extension from within the 1Password main app -

• From the 1Password app, select Preferences, Browsers , Install Browser Extensions.
    • Click on 'Show All Extensions' on the left side.
    • Click on Install under Firefox.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks!

• boddah
    boddah
    Community Member
    Options

no thats what i was trying. i also searched firefox extension library and didnt see it... its not the hugest deal i have it working on chrome but i interchange browsers at times and it would be convenient

• boddah
    boddah
    Community Member
    Options

• @boddah Can you please also tell us which anti-malware software you're using? It sounds like something is blocking the connection to our servers.

• boddah
    boddah
    Community Member
    Options

ok thanks it worked! I am using mostly Avast but also adaware and cccleaner

thanks again

• LauraR
    Options

@boddah - I'm so glad that troubleshooting document helped - thanks for letting us know.

• dougbryan1
    dougbryan1
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem. Tried using the workaround with IE, but when I dropped it into Firefox, it said the extension was corrupt. After trying again with no success, I used Chrome to save it onto desktop. I was able to drop that into the Firefox add-ons with no problem. I just installed 1password this evening and have spent more than an hour researching this issue. I hope it gets easier. Seems to me that there are lots of people who have the same problem with Firefox. Is there not a solution from 1password to make it more compatible?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dougbryan1: Unfortunately as long as antivirus software is blocking the download, there is little that Firefox or 1Password can do, but we're always here to help if you do run into trouble! :)

This discussion has been closed.