Is 1 Password 3.8.22 compatible with OSX10

Options
bob_reinhard
bob_reinhard
Community Member

I will soon upgrade my OSX operating system from Lion (10.7) to Yosemite (10.10). My current version of 1Password is 3.8.22 - Build 32010.

Is my current version compatible with Yosemite or should I upgrade to a newer version? If so, which version and do I do it before or after I upgrade the operating system?

My wife just got a new Macbook with Yosemite and has 1Password 3.8.21. 1Password does not show anywhere on the browser. Will this be fixed with an upgrade?

Bob

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX10.7.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bob_reinhard ,

Is my current version compatible with Yosemite or should I upgrade to a newer version?

Well, clearly I'm biased here, but I would strongly recommend upgrading to the latest and greatest version of 1Password. 1Password 3 should work fine in Yosemite, but it's important to note that a lot of things have changed in the operating system since 1Password 3 was designed, so there might be a few bumps in the road. One of these bumps is with respect to import: due to changes in the operating system, import in 1Password 3 will not function smoothly in Yosemite. If you don't need to import any data, this won't be an issue for you, of course, but it's something to be aware of.

1Password 5 was designed to look and work beautifully in Yosemite, and it takes advantage of some of the advancements in the operating system to provide a really great user experience. Also, as a 1Password 3 owner, you get a discount on a new license - just enter your existing license information on our upgrade page to see your discount!

If so, which version and do I do it before or after I upgrade the operating system?

Because 1Password 5 was designed for Yosemite, it won't work in earlier versions of the operating system. So, you'll only want to download the new version once you have Yosemite installed. That doesn't mean you can't upgrade your license now though. That can be done at any time.

My wife just got a new Macbook with Yosemite and has 1Password 3.8.21. 1Password does not show anywhere on the browser. Will this be fixed with an upgrade?

Since you're talking about a new install of 1Password on a new system, is it possible that the browser extensions just haven't been installed yet? You can get the browser extensions for 1Password 3 on our extension download page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.