iCloud sync

Options
kclines3
kclines3
Community Member
edited May 2015 in Mac

I have read older blog posts about iCloud syncing. I was wondering if anything has changed on this? I currently own a copy of 1Password from the AgileBits store but would like to sync over iCloud drive rather than dropbox. Is there anyway to do this without re-purchasing the Mac App store version? Or is there a way to change my license from the AgileBits store version to a Mac App store version?

1Password Version: 5.1
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: iCloud
KB Article: switch-from-agilebits-store

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @kclines3,

Thanks for posting your iCloud Sync question here. The information you found is likely current; Apple still restricts iCloud Drive usage to apps sold in their store, so the Mac App Store version of 1Password is still required for iCloud Sync.

As noted in the article appended to your post, there is no way for us to transfer a license from our AgileBits Store to the Mac App Store, but if you purchased 1Password for Mac from our store within the past 30 days, we'd be happy to refund that purchase so you can buy the Mac App Store version.

I searched our sales records for the email address tied to your forum handle but didn't find anything there, so I'm guessing it's registered under a different email address. If you'd like a refund, please email us your receipt at support_forum@agilebits.com, and include a link to this discussion thread, and we'll take it from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.