Options
igorpatalas
igorpatalas
Community Member

Running

1Password 5.3.2 on a MacPro 2013 OSX 10.10.3,
1Password 5.3.1 on a MacPro 2009 OSX 10.10.3
1Password for IPad 3.7 on a IPad First Gen IOS 5.1.1 and
1Password 3.7.2 on a IPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2.

The mac’s sink reliably via Dropbox but I can not get the iDevices to sync.

Dropbox sync returns an error on iPad - error version 0 of the api not supported.
On the Phone 1Password declares the Dropbox Password to be wrong.
Dropboc is running, accessible and up to date on both devices.

Wifi Sync gives me 2 secrets on the iDevices and one on the Mac Pro but nowhere to enter them.

any way to make this work ?

Thank You in Advance
Igor

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @igorpatalas,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing your 1Password data! Thank you very much for all the details you gave us about version numbers and devices, it's very helpful for us.

The reason Dropbox sync isn't working in 1Password 3 on your iOS devices is because unfortunately, back in 2013, Dropbox shut off their legacy sync service that 1Password 3 for iOS used. Also, the Wi-Fi sync option in 1Password 3 for iOS isn't compatible with Wi-Fi sync in 1Password 4 or 5 for Mac.

Normally I would suggest upgrading to 1Password 5 for iOS, which is a free download and has free basic features. However, 1Password 5 for iOS requires iOS 8, which doesn't support the iPad First Gen or the iPhone 4.

The good news is that there's still a way to download 1Password 4 for iOS on your iPhone 4, since it is running iOS 7. 1Password 4 will be able to sync with your data via Dropbox. You can follow these steps to get it:

• On your Mac, launch iTunes and go to the App Store.
    • Find 1Password 5 for iOS and click the Get button.
    • On your iPhone 4, open the App Store and go to Updates > Purchased.
    • Find 1Password 5 and try to download it - the App Store should allow you to download the latest compatible version.

1Password 4 for iOS requires iOS 6 or 7, so unfortunately you won't be able to download that on your iPad which is running iOS 5. However, there's still one option for your iPad, which is to install 1Password 3 on your Mac and sync with 1Password 3 for iOS via Wi-Fi. On a Mac, 1Password 3 and 1Password 5 can be installed at the same time and stay in sync with each other via Dropbox. Essentially you would be using 1Password 3 for Mac as an intermediary between version 3 on your iPad and version 5 on your Mac. You can download 1Password 3 for Mac from the "Legacy" section at the bottom of our download site.

For help to set up Wi-Fi sync between 1Password 3 for Mac and 1Password 3 for iOS, please see our guide here: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password3/ios-wifi-sync.html

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you about all that! Hopefully the workarounds I suggested are helpful. Please let us know if you have more questions or need help - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.