Logon no longer working.

Options
wh472
wh472
Community Member

Since upgrading to version 4.5.0.574, the program will fill in the user name and password, but it will not submit the logon request. I have to manually hit the submit button to gain access to the site.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there!

Can you tell us if this is happening in one specific browser only, for this login item? Or does auto-submit fail in all of the browsers you use?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

@wh472 A couple of questions:

1. What web browser are you seeing this problem with?
    2. What web site are you seeing this problem with?
    3. Where is the blinking input caret when you are seeing this problem?

Thanks!

• wh472
    wh472
    Community Member
    Options

My primary browser is Chrome, and I never thought to try Internet Explorer until you both raised the question. I have now tried Explorer (Version 11.0.9600.17801, Update Version 11.0.19), and 1Password doesn't work at all. Every logon I try gives a balloon at the bottom of the screen saying the program couldn't fill in any blanks and asks me to report the issue.

Going back to Chrome, I see the issue with every site I attempt to logon to. If there is a split screen logon, such as Bank of America, I must now hit the submit button after 1Password enters the user id, before the page will advance to the second logon screen. I then go back to 1Password to enter the logon password, which 1Password then submits. If the site uses a single screen logon screen, 1Password enters both the user id and the password but does not submit the data. I must manually hit the submit button.

Sometimes I see the blinking input caret, sometimes I don't see it.

1Password used to work perfectly, but no longer after agreeing to the most recent update.

Just had another thought. I haven't used my laptop in a while, so I got it out and tried logons with 1Password (Version 4.3.1.560, which hasn't been updated recently) and everything worked perfectly. So the problem is caused by some update since Version 4.3.1.560.

Hope this helps and thanks.

Wilson

PS Is there some way for me to revert my desktop to the version on my laptop?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wh472,

Every logon I try gives a balloon at the bottom of the screen saying the program couldn't fill in any blanks and asks me to report the issue.

How are you opening the Logins? Are you clicking a Login item to open from 1Password or are you going to the website first in Internet Explorer and then clicking on 1Password to select a Login to fill? Can you try the latter, open the page and then ask 1Password to fill.

This isn't a widespread issue, only 2-3 people reported seeing this but we cannot reproduce this. This means that there's something specific about your computer setups that might be causing this. Once we figure this out, we can try to fix it.

Going back to Chrome, I see the issue with every site I attempt to logon to. If there is a split screen logon, such as Bank of America,

Strangely, I cannot reproduce this, I tested both versions and there are no differences for me. 1Password does submit the Online ID on the front page and this page: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/login/sign-in/signOnScreen.go

First, can you test this and let me know if it works better:

1. Go to Bank of America's page, enter your Online ID but do not submit yet
    2. Click on the 1Password icon in your browser to go to Settings > Save New Login, call it BoA Test
    3. Refresh the page to reset the Online ID field and then ask 1Password to fill this BoA Test item.

Does it submit? If not, please check this:

1. Click on 1Password icon in your browser, go to Settings to make sure Auto-submit Logins is checked.
    2. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, click on the Preferences button in the toolbar, and go to the Logins section. Make sure Auto-Submit Logins is also checked.

If they both are, please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

PS Is there some way for me to revert my desktop to the version on my laptop?

You can downgrade but we do not recommend it as you won't benefit from any improvements, especially in the security area.

This discussion has been closed.