Syncing Preferences? [Preferences are local to the machine, they should not be synced]

Thundersnake
Thundersnake
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi there,
is there a way to sync the preferences between several 1password installations?
I'm using three PCs, two with Win7 64Bit and one with Win 10 and have the problem to use the same settings on every PC ...
(The vault is syncing by dropbox very well)

_1Password Version: 4.5.0.573
_OS Version: Win 7 / Win 10
_Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @Thundersnake - you can sync the 1Password data using Dropbox between all your Windows PCs, but all other preference settings (such as Auto-Lock, Clipboard, Backup, etc.) need to be set on each PC.

• Hi @Thundersnake,

We recommend that you set up the preferences individually on each PC as they might have to be different.

There is a way to force the same settings on all PCs with the same file but we rather you set it up manually.

• Thundersnake
    Thundersnake
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT ,
    as I use 1Password on three PCs identically I would like to have that possibility. So I can optimize my options once and they work on all my computers ... please, what's the way?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Thundersnake You can generate a diagnostics report. Unzip this diagnostics report and you will find your settings. Rename the extension of this file to .reg, copy it to your other PCs and then double-click on it. While we do not recommend this route, it will pump your settings into your other PC's registry.

• Thundersnake
    Thundersnake
    Community Member

Thanks a lot!

• @Thundersake - on behalf of @svondutch you are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.