Can someone please help me set up DropBox syncing on the My Windows 8.1 laptop [Update 1Password]

sirclickalot
sirclickalot
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I want to synchronize my 1Password settings between my Windows 8.1 laptop and my Yosemite Mac.

Most of my passwords are currently in the Windows version so I am trying get it working with DropBox but to no avail.
DropBox is installed and running and working perfectly on the Windows laptop but whenever I click the 'Move to DropBox' button it just keeps asking me if I want to download and install DropBox again and again.

I read somewhere that I need the dektop version of DropBox but a) WHERE on earth can I get that if indeed I haven't already got it because I'm really npot sure which one I've got anyway, it reports itself as v3.6.4 and as far as I can see it behaves just like a desktop program - the shortcut links to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe" which seems like a pretty normal desktop app to me?

Any ideas anyone as I've had this software now for a couple of months and I like it but I really do not like the fact that I am having to maintain two sets of logins, one for each platform.

Thanks

_1Password Version: 4.5..0..572
_OS Version:Windows 8.1
_Sync Type:DropBox

Comments

• @sirclickalot - Can you upgrade to latest version of 1Password for Windows - version 4.5.0.575 and this should fix the problem. To get this latest version -

• Run 1Password on your Windows PC.
    • Click on Help > Check for New Version.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.