Two Suggestions - Column Sizing and Move Behaviour

1) Would be nice to have the column size stay the same as you adjusted it when jumping between categories or folders. Better yet, keep the setting until changed by the user.

2) When moving an item from one category to another (drag and drop), would be nice to have the screen stay at the same place in the alphabet where the record was before it was moved by the user. Now, the list scrolls back to the first item in the list.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @FuriousFan

1. The columns setting will remain for a particular category or folder and I believe this is intentional as different categories require different spacings. For instance on the software category you only see two fields and you want the title field in full.

2. You cannot drag and drop items between categories. Can you clarify this question? Thanks!

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member

Hi, for the column sizes I meant the information screen which shows Title, Location, Password and Modified (generally), does change slightly for the folder/category you are viewing. What I was proposing was that the "Title" column keep the size selected by the user. I have lots of long titles and when I double-click the column line between Title and Location, it resizes to the largest width for the text in the Title field. I was wondering if it would be possible to have 1Pass keep that column width when the user selects another category or folder. Now, when you click on another category or folder, the Title column goes back to the default width.

You can drag and drop between folders. You are correct about the categories. Just another suggestion that when you move a record between folders, that the folder you are moving from, keeps the screen on the same view. As it stands, when you move a records between folders, the folder you were in, scrolls up to the top.

Thanks

• @FuriousFan - you can set the column width for each category. When you switch between categories the column width goes back to what was set for that category. The same applies to folders. I believe this is intentional as it is a useful feature if you want different column widths for different categories.

Yes, I understand what you are saying about moving between folders. Once you have moved an item from one folder to another the screen then scrolls to the top. I can see that it might be more useful for the screen to retain its position. I will add this as a feature request. Thanks!

ref: OPW-455

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member

Hi Laura, the behaviour you described doesn't work when Folders. It does work fine in the Categories. Cheers

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @FuriousFan,

Can you tell me which versions of Windows and 1Password you're using?

I'm not able to reproduce it here, it does retain its columns when switching between folders.

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member

Hi, it's Windows 7 and the version of 1Pass is 4.5.0.575

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member

Hey, I just updated to the latest version yesterday and it's now working. Wouldn't you know it :)

• @FuriousFan - I'm so glad this is now working for you - Thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.