1Password is auto-locking too quickly, even while I'm using it [Investigating]

JLB
JLB
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

password closes to fast in windows even while im still typeing in info sometimes before I can use a log in

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version:
OS Version: win7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @JLB - Can you clarify what you are doing when 1Password closes too fast? Are you trying to add a new 1Password item in the 1Password main app or are you trying to use the 1Password browser extension? Are you referring to the lock timeout?

• JLB
    JLB
    Community Member

It happens with both the browser extension and main app seems like the lock timeout but I increased time to lock and it still just locks in short intervals

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JLB: So you're watching 1Password lock as you're using it? I only ask because that isn't what it sounded like you meant in the first message. 1Password should stay unlocked while in use.

Do you have security software that might be blocking the connection with the 1Password Helper? If it's losing the connection, that would account for the strange locking behaviour. Try disabling any security software temporarily (or make an exception for 1Password) to see if it makes a difference.

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• JLB
    JLB
    Community Member

You discribed it correctly closes while watching it as I'm using it. Checked all my security settings and does not change what is happening TY

• Hi @JLB,

We'd like you to email us your diagnostic report, so we can investigate what's going on your computer. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• Hey @JLB,

We received your email and will continue the conversation there.

Cheers!

ref: UMR-18545-883

This discussion has been closed.