Dropbox and Mac with

Options
Neno
Neno
Community Member

I have 1Password on my iPad and iPhone which I synchronise with Dropbox. My Mac running OSX 10.6.8 doesn't seem to want to synchronise, so rather than labour over it, is it possible to just copy the Dropbox folder called '1Password' and then save it on my Mac? That way I could remove the Dropbox file and still have 1Password stored on my three devices.

1Password Version: 5.01
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.6.8
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Neno,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with Dropbox sync! I'm a little confused about your setup, though - you said you're using 1Password 5 for Mac, but that version requires Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and won't work on OS X 10.6.8. Can you please confirm the exact version of OS X on your Mac by choosing About This Mac from the  (Apple) menu? Please also double check which exact version of the 1Password app is installed.

My Mac running OSX 10.6.8 doesn't seem to want to synchronise

Do you mean the 1Password app doesn't sync your data from Dropbox, or do you mean Dropbox doesn't sync files to/from your Mac in general? Do you have the Dropbox app installed? If so, try adding a file to the Dropbox folder on your Mac, then check your Dropbox.com account in a web browser - does that new file appear on the Dropbox website?

is it possible to just copy the Dropbox folder called '1Password' and then save it on my Mac? That way I could remove the Dropbox file and still have 1Password stored on my three devices.

In order for Dropbox sync to work with 1Password, you'll need to have the Dropbox app installed so it can copy the '1Password' folder to your Mac (and so it can copy changes to/from that folder). The 1Password app on your Mac needs to be able to read & write changes to the .agilekeychain file inside that folder, and then the Dropbox app does the actual syncing between your Mac and the Dropbox servers. I'm not sure if that answers your question, though - if not, can you please elaborate on what you'd like to be able to do?

Once you can confirm the versions of Mac OS X and 1Password, we'll be able to help get Dropbox sync working again. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.