my firefox toolbar icon for 1password is not working

All of a sudden the icon on my browser toolbar is not working....when i click on it, it does nothing

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
KB Article: missing-extension-button

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wfleming29,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Can you please provide the following information so we can help you? :)

• 1Password Version: Not Provided
    • Extension Version: Not Provided
    • OS Version: Not Provided

We'll get it sorted out once we know which platform you are on and what versions of 1Password and the 1Password extension you are using.

Cheers!

• tenor4u
    tenor4u
    Community Member

**I am also having this issue
    Windows
    Firefox

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tenor4u,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some trouble as well, but I'm happy to assist you. :)

Please upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows by following the steps here:

How do I upgrade 1Password for Windows from version 1?

Be sure to uninstall the current 1Password extension you have in Firefox:

How do I uninstall the 1Password browser extension?

Once you have 1Password 4 installed, also install the new Firefox extension:

Install the 1Password browser extension

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Cheers!

• tenor4u
    tenor4u
    Community Member

Thank you for this information. I am still running XP (I know) but only for another few months. Any suggestions until my upgrade?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting me know, @tenor4u!

The official minimal system requirements are Windows 7 and above for 1Password 4 for Windows.

However, it runs well on XP with almost no issues — just some minor UI issues.

We recommend using the latest versions of Windows that can support your hardware, so it's great you will be updating soon.

I'm going to move your post to the Windows category here, so you can get better assistance if you have any trouble with 1Password 4 on Windows XP. We'll get it sorted out for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.