How to sync via Dropbox between two PCs? [We have a guide on this in post #2]

sbRon
sbRon
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Need detail instructions syncing between two Windows PC's. I understand this had to be done using dropbox. I need detail instructions as your documentation does not cover this. I am using version 4.5.0.575

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

I need detail instructions as your documentation does not cover this

@sbRon Sure it does: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/setting-up-dropbox-sync

• Hi @sbRon,

If you need any further assistance that the docs does not help with, please let us know.

It should be as simple as:

1. Installing the Dropbox desktop application on both PCs
    2. Open 1Password on the PC with your data, go to its File Menu > Preferences > General to press Move to Dropbox, which will move your 1Password folder to the Dropbox folder
    3. Wait for Dropbox to finish its sync on both PCs and when it is done on the other PC, opening 1Password should be enough as it will check the Dropbox folder for any data files it can find.
  • sbRon
    sbRon
    Community Member

My real problem was that I was syncing to a different Dropbox account. The solution I found that worked was to log on to my drop account, and share the agilebit folder to the other user. The other user opened the the email from Dropbox and accepted the link in the e-mail. Then opened up 1Password and browsed to the file in her Dropbox.

Everything working OK.

• Ah, that would explain it. Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.