Something missing when I sync the vault from iPhone to Windows

Hi Guys,
First I want to thank you all for this great APP.
I'm from China, so please forgive my terrible English. I'm trying to write as readable as I can.

I purchased the Mac iOS and windows package a few days ago.
I input the data from my Mac and using WIFI sync the data to my iPhone, everything is perfect.

Then I installed the windows version of 1password.
First it ask me if I'm a new user or I have a backup.
Here I'm confused because I don't know how to sync my data from my iPhone to windows after I installed the 1password, so I start a new vault on windows version, and using the same master password for this new vault as I used on my mac(because I think the same vault should use the same password, I'm I right?).
Then I use WIFI sync and it worked. (My firewall drives me crazy at the first time, I thought Windows and iPhone could never work together)
Here I want to give a piece of advice, could you guys add a button on the start menu like 'sync from my device' something like this?
Because if someone like me want to restore data from other PC or MAC or devices will be more easy to do it.

BUT, the strange thing is, some of my entry is just a title, no data under it.
For example, the information of my router, on my MAC, I entered the user name, password, etc.
when the sync is done, the windows version only show me that I have a accounts called router, the password, username, nothing synced.

WHY?

Also, is there a Chinese version for windows? And when it will update to version 5?

Thanks for all!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @xuyaowen,

I'm from China, so please forgive my terrible English. I'm trying to write as readable as I can.

No need to apologize, your English is great and understandable. Some of us are trying to learn Chinese, we appreciate the beauty and complexity of it.

Here I want to give a piece of advice, could you guys add a button on the start menu like 'sync from my device' something like this?

Excellent idea! You are correct, we should simplify the welcome tour to ask if the user wants to restore the data from their device over the Wi-Fi. The main thing is that we have to make sure the user installed Bonjour first before proceeding. We'll figure this out. Thanks!

In your setup, it would be easier to sync between both Windows and Mac using your own local sync tool if you have one. While that handles both of the computers, you can use one of the computer to sync with your iPhone over Wi-Fi.

BUT, the strange thing is, some of my entry is just a title, no data under it. For example, the information of my router, on my MAC, I entered the user name, password, etc. when the sync is done, the windows version only show me that I have a accounts called router, the password, username, nothing synced.

That is strange, can you make a tiny change to the router item on your iPhone, like adding something in the notes field, and then perform another sync to your Windows PC. Did that change show up?

Also, is there a Chinese version for windows? And when it will update to version 5?

Not yet, we just released 1Password 4.5 as the first version that support several languages but Chinese and a few other languages will take a bit longer to include because of their characters. We are able to adopt ANSII-based languages fairly quickly but unicode-based languages will take longer because our current UI has some issues supporting them.

The slightly good news is that Chinese translations are on-going as you can see here: https://crowdin.com/project/1password-for-windows-desktop

Once we update our UI to support Unicode, it should be easy to just add Chinese to it.

• xuyaowen
    xuyaowen
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply, I think I solved the problem, I use Dropbox instead of Wifi sync, then the data are all good.
    Just still don't know why... maybe is my router or the firewall.

Anyway, Thanks again! Have a nice weekend!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@xuyaowen: Excellent! I'm glad Dropbox is working at least.

Wi-Fi Sync, on the other hand, works well too, but it depends entirely on everything in the chain from one device to the other being in order. So a network issue in software or hardware can throw a wrench into the whole thing.

I know they put a lot of resources into making sure that everything works -- from the software to their servers -- so Dropbox is my preferred sync method as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.