Problems using the product on my backup machine - orig blue screen problem

consultsigns
consultsigns
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I purchased your 1password product and installed successfully on my laptop, since then am having blue screen problems so have built a backup computer transferred all apps files to the new machine. downloaded but need register it restore information loaded into vault tried finding help no avail. spent alot of time entering accounts/info sites visit. not used yet generate passwords That is next step. Thanks for in advance

1Password Version: 1 password 4 for windows
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• consultsigns
    consultsigns
    Community Member

see above post for details thanks for you help

• @consultsigns - I believe you are asking for your license key? If so could you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com and we will be very happy to get this to you.

• consultsigns
    consultsigns
    Community Member
    edited June 2015

Laura, I have my key. My original machine hit the dust with blue screens so I built a backup machine with an HP from scratch using Norton backups of all my files and installation of all programs I wanted to keep that I had licenses for like your product 1password which I spent alot of time loading the vault with lots of information. I am trying to avoid having to redo all that work by restoring the vault file. I downloaded the software onto the new backup computer and tried to find the vault file to restore from somewhere. I tried as a non first user but that didnt work then I tried to restore a vault file but it couldnt find it. So please help me with my problem I have not yet visited all my favorite sites to have your software generate new passwords, that was my next step. I appreciate your help.

• consultsigns
    consultsigns
    Community Member

see above for all details of my problem thanks

• consultsigns
    consultsigns
    Community Member

goodluck

• @consultsigns - Were you using Dropbox for your 1Password vault? The default vault location if you didn't change it to Dropbox or somewhere else, is in the folder \Documents\1Password. You should also have backup files in the folder \Documents\1Password\Backup.

Do you see any files in either of these folders?

• consultsigns
    consultsigns
    Community Member

HI Laura, I dont know what a dropbox is, I see the folder 1password but I think that is for the newly installed software. I need to get the file I had on my original machine and restore it on my new backup machine. Any ideas

• consultsigns
    consultsigns
    Community Member

see above

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @consultsigns,

On your old machine or in your backups do you have a folder called 1Password in your Documents folder? I believe this is the default location that 1Password would suggest for your 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault. Both are folders themselves but the folder and all of its contents are your vault. So if you were to copy that over to your new Windows machine and place it, for example in a 1Password in your Documents folder you could then point 1Password 4 for Windows to it and have access to all of your existing items.

The reason Laura asked about Dropbox was if you have moved your 1Password.agilekeychain to Dropbox it would still be there even if your old Windows machine had died on you.

Does that help at all?

• consultsigns
    consultsigns
    Community Member

What's the best way to transfer the file can I attach it to an email message thanks dennis

• consultsigns
    consultsigns
    Community Member

See above

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @consultsign,

You should not email your 1Password files, you should use a USB drive if you have one or transfer it via a sync tool like Dropbox.

However, I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Did Norton show any folders ending in .agilekeychain in your Documents > 1Password folder?

PS: There is no need to add a follow-up message, this isn't a chat room. We will see your messages and follow up as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.