Can't see my notes when hovering over an item [Will not work for Firefox, works for other browsers]

This discussion was created from comments split from: Issues wit 1Password 4 and Notes..

Comments

• martynghjones
    martynghjones
    Community Member

Is this issue fixed ? I am using 1Password 4.5.0.572, firefox 38.0.5 with extension 4.3.1 on windows 8.1 and I cannot see the notes text in firefox when i hover over a login entry in the toolbar. Also does not work in IE 11 but I am sure it was working a week ago in IE 11, before i changed to firefox as IE 11 doesnt seem to work with Nationwide bank website. Is anybody else having the same problem ?

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @martynghjones,

I'm not sure why yet, I'll get in touch with our development team to see why it doesn't work in IE. It works as expected in Firefox as shown here:

Make sure 1Password is configured to show these hints, it might have been disabled. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Logins, check the box next to Show note in hint window.

If it doesn't work for one item, try a different one to see if it would work.

Also, please make sure to update 1Password, we're at 4.5.0.575 now.

• martynghjones
    martynghjones
    Community Member

Thank you for the fast reply, appreciate it.
    I have checked the preferences and show note in hint window is selected.
    I have tried many items and it doesnt work for any, i have also tried creating a new item, same problem.
    I have upgraded to 4.5.0.575 and re tested, still not working.

• martynghjones
    martynghjones
    Community Member

Further info:
    Hover text seems to work on websites in general in FF, at least it does on the test site shown in the attached screen capture.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@martynghjones: Thanks for following up. I can confirm that I'm seeing this too in some cases, although it still isn't clear why it's primarily Firefox. I've filed the issue and we'll continue to investigate so we can narrow down the cause. Thanks for your patience! :)

ref: OPW-459

• martynghjones
    martynghjones
    Community Member

Is there any update on this issue please ?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@martynghjones This is an issue with Firefox that we cannot fix. Sorry. /cc @brenty

• martynghjones
    martynghjones
    Community Member

hover text seems to work ok in my firefox browser when i go to http://genius.com/Test-page-text-lights-up-on-hover-good-annotation-covers-image-bad-annotated and the site I quoted previously when i raised this problem. What is the issue in Firefox that prevents it working in 1Password ?

• MikeT
    edited July 2015

Hi @martynghjones,

The hover is not from a website or an animation. We are drawing a native hover popup on top of a native Windows component on top of Firefox. When we show the hover via hovering over the item, Firefox for some reason interferes with the system not getting the message to kill the hover. What this means is that the message won't go away if you defocus 1Password and go back to Firefox. That's why when we detect Firefox, we will not show it.

It works fine on other browsers, just not Firefox. We haven't found a way around this, so this feature is not available via Firefox at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.