Add a digit next to the month names in the date picker [Improvement planned]

Dimtar
Dimtar
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi everyone.

I am wondering why 1Password list expiry dates by month name instead of month number, screenshot:
http://puu.sh/ij4MM/2f1d179587.png

The lions share of places you enter your credit card into online ask for the expiry month and year expressed as a number. The same information is expressed as a number on the physical card. I think this should be changed to numbers only or at the very least the dropdown should include the number, e.g.
April - 04

1Password Version: 4.5.0.573
Extension Version: 4.3.1.90
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dimtar: Ah, interesting. I'd never thought much of this myself, as in my experience it's about half numerical and half name (with some overlap) when I fill credit card information. Same for my credit cards themselves.

At first I thought you meant that the month names were being listed alphabetically, but I think I just misread. That would certainly be a problem. Are you having trouble with filling on certain sites as a result, or are you just suggesting this as UI improvement? I could definitely see where it might be helpful to show both. Please let me know! :)

• Dimtar
    Dimtar
    Community Member

"Are you having trouble with filling on certain sites as a result, or are you just suggesting this as UI improvement? I could definitely see where it might be helpful to show both. Please let me know! :)"

This isn't related to filling in forms, this is purely UI. All my experience is based from my use of credit cards in Australia. I very very rarely come across a site that asked for the month name as opposed to the month number so I think it should be changed. Having both the name and the number would be a happy medium.

• Hi @Dimtar,

Internally, we convert to use numbers on sites that ask for it. In US, month names are often used as well.

However, we'll see if our UI can add the digits next to the month names. Thanks!

• Dimtar
    Dimtar
    Community Member

Thanks guys, your commitment to this product doesn't go un-noticed.

• Hi @Dimtar,

Thanks for the kind comment, we really appreciate it. I've talked to our dev, he said the UI appears to be able to do this. So, we'll add this in a future update and I've filed an improvement request in our tracker to make sure it is on our list.

Thanks again.

Improvement ID #: OPW-461

This discussion has been closed.