1Password not working with Internet Explorer 11, it reports "does not appear to contain any fields"

Puissance
Puissance
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am using 1Passowrd 4.5.0.575 and find that it will not fill-in usernames or passwords in Explorer 11 on two computers. It works on Firefox on one of the same computers and on Safari and Firefox on my home Apple notebook. The message I receive is: "1Password Login 'website (login value)' does not appear to contain any fields." I've tried all the setting changes I could find on your web site. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: 4.5.0.575
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional & Windows Server 2008 R2 St
Sync Type: Dropbox
KB Article: disable-enhanced-protected-mode

Comments

• Hi @Puissance,

We've tracking down an issue that sounds similar to your issue, it has to do with a timing condition between opening new tabs and filling, and it is only an issue with IE.

Can you tell me if you see this issue when you open the site manually in IE before clicking on 1Password button (or use the keyboard shortcut) to fill or are you opening sites from the main program?

• Puissance
    Puissance
    Community Member

The same message appears if I use the add in, the main program, or have the site open and try to have the fields filled in by the add in.

• Hi @Puissance,

Does it happen with any random sites? Also, do you manually add sites to the list of trusted sites in Internet Explorer? If the Trusted Sites Zone is configured to not use the protected mode, 1Password won't work on these sites.

In addition, can you tell me if Internet Explorer is configured to clear its history on each exit?

• Puissance
    Puissance
    Community Member

On one computer it appears to be random sites; on the other it seems to be all sites. I have deleted all the trusted sites on both computers. Browsing history is not deleted on exit.

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @Puissance,

Can you email us your diagnostic reports from both PCs, so we can figure out what's going on. You can use this guide to generate the diagnostic report. In the email with the report attached, please include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

ref: WEI-92751-418

This discussion has been closed.