1Password DB not updating with new entries [Was reading the wrong data folder]

natharari
natharari
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi there,

I currently have 1Password on Windows, Mac, and my iPhone 6+. I sync with Dropbox because of my Windows machine.

For some reason, when I create entries with the browser on windows, everything works fine (as well as on Mac and iOS). However, when I create a manual entry (New login for something, for instance), the file won't update to dropbox and sync to my other devices. This is a huge pain in the butt as I'm currently using my Windows machine more than my other two devices.

Is there something which I can do to check what's going on? As for the version, it's 4.5.0.575 for Windows. For Mac and iOS, I have automatic updates turned on so it's always updated anyway (I do on PC as well).

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @natharari,

Sorry to hear about your problems with 1Password 4 for Windows.
    When you add an entry on one of your other devices, does it sync correctly to your Windows PC?

In any case, you can try using the command 'File > Repair 1Password Vault…' to see if maybe there was a hiccup in your database.

Please let us know how it goes.

• natharari
    natharari
    Community Member

I just got it to work. Thank you. :) Apparently I had two files in Dropbox. One under the /1Password directory (the new one it seems), and one under /Apps/1Password - and my iOS and Mac were using the older files. I am not certain why I have these two directories, when I switched to the newer version, everything synced up nicely.

Thanks for the help again. :)

• On behalf of Alex, you're welcome.

Thanks for letting us know how you got it to work.

This discussion has been closed.