How to see the notes in Logins? [Hover over the item in the extension to see the note]

alanper
alanper
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When I was using the previous version of the Chrome extension (3.x) there was an option to edit the 1Password login details from within the extension. I used that as a workaround to get to the 'Notes' section as for certain sites I require additional information to log in. I am unable (or don't know how) to get to the 'Notes' section from with the Chrome extension. Is there a way?

Probably the right place to add it is to have the second "password" within 1Password's usename/password storage section. I added it manually hoping that I would see the manually added entity if I right-clicked on the item in the Chrome extension, but it didn't work. I have attached screenshots for what I am trying to describe. Basically "NewItem" in 1.png is not appearing in the extension (2.png).

Is there another way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: 4.3.1.90
OS Version: Windows 8.1 64bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

1.png 8.9K
2.PNG 31.6K

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alanper: If you mouseover an item in the extension it should show the Notes section as a tooltip (although there is an issue with this on some systems that we're currently investigating). I know it isn't exactly what you're looking for, but hopefully that will help!

I hope you don't mind, but since this is a request for improvements to 1Password for Windows I've moved this discussion to that category. We'd definitely like to expand the extension in the future, so the feedback is appreciated. As we move into Windows 10 and (hopefully) Edge, that may be an opportunity for us to add some features to the browser extensions overall. :)

• alanper
    alanper
    Community Member

OK.
    So for verification, the way I was trying to add the field (from within the 1Password Windows application) is not supposed to work? And there is no way to get another field to appear in the Chrome extension (as in 2.png above) "login item->right-click" details?

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @alanper,

So for verification, the way I was trying to add the field (from within the 1Password Windows application) is not supposed to work?

Correct. You added a web form field to the web form details table, it is not a custom field. This is used only as a part of the filling algorithm with the 1Password extension, it is used to see if there's an open field on the website that matches the field name and then fill it in. If you don't want that information to be filled, do not add to this table.

To add a custom field, you click on the Add button on the bottom left to add a new section, name it, and from there, you can add a field. However, custom fields are not yet supported in the extension.

To see your note, type in the built-in note field and that'll show up as a tooltip when you hover over your item.

We do plan to improve the UI to simplify this process and make it more clear.

And there is no way to get another field to appear in the Chrome extension (as in 2.png above) "login item->right-click" details?

No, at the moment, it is restricted to these common fields (username, password, and TOTP field if it is available) in Logins for performance reasons.

This discussion has been closed.