Is it possible to have multiple access levels or accounts to the same vault for teams [No for now]

Adrian_Malta
Adrian_Malta
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Currently I have in my firm the version free of 1Password for test. I created some vaults for test and, I want to know if I can have various logins different for the same account.

For example: I have a vault with name "System users" and wish to do login with a user "John" with one password and "Anna" with another password.

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575 (free)
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Adrian_Malta,

Do you mean separate Logins for each user in the same vault? If yes, that is possible, you just create a separate Login item for each user. In the main program, you can right-click on the said Login to select Duplicate, then change the username/password for the specific account. You can also rename the title to be reflective of which account it is for.

When you attempt to fill in with 1Password, 1Password will present you with a list of Logins for the site or application and you can select what you want to log in with.

In addition, if you have multiple internal sites where the same accounts can be reused due of a central authentication server, you can edit the Login to add more URLs to the list of where they can be reused. You'll need to enable this support in the main program's Preferences > Logins > Enable Multiple URLs.

Hope this helps.

• Adrian_Malta
    Adrian_Malta
    Community Member
    edited June 2015

Hi Mike!
    I understand, but isn't this...

What I want to say is...

For example: I have a Vault. Inside this Vault have many accounts. For I to do login in this Vault, I have one "Master Password". So, I want to know if can I have multiple "Master Passwords" for to do login in this account.

• Hi @Adrian_Malta,

That's not possible, you have to share the master password for the vault if you want your team to have access to the data within the vault.

If you want isolated data for each team member, you'd have to create separate vaults for each team member. You can also do team vaults and share the vault password for the specific team members. Note that once someone has access to the vault, that access cannot be revoked. You can find out more here: https://support.1password.com/revoke-shared-vault-access/

We are aware that it would be useful to have this functionality for small teams to have multiple access levels for the same vault and we'll consider this support in the future.

• Adrian_Malta
    Adrian_Malta
    Community Member

Hi Mike!

Thanks for fast answer. I understand.
    Maybe in the future this can will be come true.

Thank you very much again.

• You're welcome. If there's anything else we can help you with, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.