When saving a new Login via the browser extension, 1Password hangs with the "Not Responding" error

mtunnell
mtunnell
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Each time I click "Save" when entering a password for any site the cursor immediately freezes and I cannot do anything until 1-2 minutes elapses, and I get a Not Responding error message. The only way to avoid this is to click "Never for this site" when the box pops up asking if I want to save a password.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 4.3.1.90
OS Version: windows 7
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Hi @mtunnell,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the freezing.

Can you tell me if this is a recent issue or has this always been an issue for you?

Also, do you have an anti-malware solution that scans files as it is opened or modified? It sounds like something is slowing down the process of reading the files and 1Password is having a hard time responding. Can you check your AV's logs to see if it is scanning 1Password's folders.

One more thing, are you having any issues in the main program, can you make changes without any freezing?

• mtunnell
    mtunnell
    Community Member

New problem, worked fine at first. Running MS Forefront, can't figure out if scanning 1Password folders. I was able to work with main program to make a test change without freezing. Thank you.

• Hi @mtunnell,

Can you tell me which browsers you're using? Does it happen in any browsers you have?

• mtunnell
    mtunnell
    Community Member

using Chrome

• Hi @mtunnell,

Can you test Internet Explorer to see if it is stable? Internet Explorer and Chrome are radically different in how they handle the process and if IE doesn't show any problem but Chrome does, it suggests a problem with the websocket connection between Chrome and 1Password Helper.

• mtunnell
    mtunnell
    Community Member

Same issue with IE. Tried to save a password, got the error message Auto Save (Not Responding) and had to wait for it to unfreeze everything.

• Hi @mtunnell,

We'd like to see your diagnostic report to see what could be causing the issue. Can you please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• mtunnell
    mtunnell
    Community Member

Sent report just now. Thank you for any help you can give.

• @mtunnell - Thanks, we have received your diagnostics report and will reply to you via email.

ref: HQT-17861-897

This discussion has been closed.