Before saving a new item, deleting all fields and sections will restore it upon save [Confirmed]

swenak
swenak
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

when I delete all fields in detail dialog (software licence), all fields are back, when I open detail next time.

It is feature, or bug?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @swenak,

Can you explain more about what fields you deleted, do you mean the default template fields that came with all Software License items or the custom fields you've added?

• swenak
    swenak
    Community Member

I mean whole default template fields that came with all Software License items.

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @swenak,

Are you currently syncing your 1Password data or is it just on one PC? It might be the sync restoring the fields but it should not return any deleted fields.

• swenak
    swenak
    Community Member
  • Can you please confirm that you're only using 1Password 4 for Windows and not syncing your data to 1Password 5 for iOS or 1Password 5 for Mac? It will help us find a solution.

• swenak
    swenak
    Community Member

I now tested it on new installation of 1password on other WIndows PC, without enabled synchronisation and same problem.

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @swenak,

We can confirm the issue here, I've filed a bug report. We will try to fix in the future but for right now, save the item first before deleting the fields and sections. Once the brand new item is saved, the deletions will be saved as well but only if you don't delete all the sections, there are some tricks we have in place to prevent such mass deletion.

Thanks for reporting this!

Bug ID #: OPW-463

This discussion has been closed.