Error message after filling says, "1Password could not fill any fields…" [fixed in 4.5.0.BETA-581]

Options
2»

Comments

• Samti
    Samti
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I am having the same issue.
    I am logging in to a website (that works fine) then 1password fills the next possible field and sends the data again.
    Also on another page i log in, than log out and 1password will log me in again directly.
    It seems that 1password sends the data again and again and again to this page.

Sorry if something isnt understandable.. my english isnt perfect.

i tryed the following things to fix it:

• deactivate the own firefox password manager
    • reinstall the 1password plugin
    • change settings in 'Help - Expanded - optimize for maximum performance to enabled. (in German: Hilfe - Erweitert - 1password für optimale Leistung optimieren)
    • deactivate the option that 1password sends the data automaticly.

Nothing helped.

Hope there is a fix soon. Like this i cannot use 1password. On one site 1password had send my login data to a shoutbox. Luckily i am admin on this site and could delete this posting.

Best regards

/edit: no issues with Google Chrome.

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @Samti,

Are you opening the sites from the 1Password extension or the main program, not visiting the site manually first?

If you open Firefox and go to the shoutbox site in the address bar without using 1Password and then use 1Password to fill, any issues?

We're investigating the cause right now, we think what is happening is that when you open the site from the main 1Password program or the extension, it is added to the filling queue and that queue is only cleared once the fill is done. We're suspecting the queue is not being cleared and that's why it keeps repeating.

We're not sure why it is only happening in the Windows version of Firefox while the rest of the browsers are clearing fine including the Mac version. We suspect there's a platform-specific issue we need to work around on Windows.

We will issue an update very soon once we find the cause.

• Samti
    Samti
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MikeT,

thanks for your response.

When I let 1password open the site with the firefox extension or the main program I have this issues.
    If i go to the site first and only use 1password to fill it, there are no issues.

Hope that will help :)

Best regards

• MikeT
    Options

Yep, that confirms the same issue. We'll get it fixed soon.

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

I just got home from the weekend and can confirm the problem does not occur on Mac Firefox, which confirms your statement that it seems to be limited to Windows Firefox. (It doesn't occur on Mac Safari either.)

• Peter_Pappas
    Peter_Pappas
    Community Member
    Options

Getting the Windows message in a Windows Balloon (bottom right of screen) that 1Password could not fill out any fields. It does fill out the fields and I do get logged into the site I am going to. I am using Firefox on Windows 7. All are up to date.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Peter_Pappas
    Peter_Pappas
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I can add that I may be on a page (web site) and it starts filling in information over and over and it is hard to get it to stop. The site it was just doing that too was Amazon Seller Central. Seems it just starts type randomly, or it seems to me that it randomly types. Something must be triggering it. Firefox 39

• JoannaMary
    JoannaMary
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening for me too - I login to a site successfully but then 1password seems to be scanning each subsequent page on the same domain for form fields and if it finds any it inputs my login again. I've turned off auto submit otherwise it gets into a loop on some pages trying to submit text into a numbers only field and then the site returns an error message only for 1password to submit it again. If I lock 1password then every time I visit any page with form fields I get a prompt to unlock it. As others have found this is happening in Firefox on Windows. It's making 1password unusable - how long is it likely to take to fix this and what's the best thing to do in the meantime? Should I uninstall 1password or can I revert Firefox to an older version?

• Hi @Peter_Pappas,
    The issues you're experiencing are caused by two different bugs.

The one related to showing the message "1Password could not fill any fields" has been fixed in the latest beta-build, which you can download through the applications update preferences, or by downloading it on our public release page.

The second bug is caused by a problem in the Firefox extension that our developers are currently investigating.
    It might take a bit to find the source of the problem and issue a fix.

As an intermediate solution, I would recommend either using Chrome or Internet Explorer when visiting sites that exhibit this issue in Firefox.

• Peter_Pappas
    Peter_Pappas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Alex. I also figured out that turning off the auto-fill feature until this passes over will stop it from trying to fill every hole in site. I hope I am right on this, so far it seems to not fill-in things all over the place.

Peter

• You're absolutely right Peter, I forgot about that.
    Disabling Auto-Submit will also prevent this loop form occurring.

• I've merged this thread with another one discussing the same issue.

For anyone who sees this error message often, we'd recommend temporarily using the latest beta-build, which you can download through the applications update preferences, or by downloading it on our public release page.

If you don't wish to continue to use beta versions after this, please remove the appropriate checkmark in the preferences.
    The support article 'Installing 1Password betas' will tell you more about this.

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

For me, turning off auto-submit reduces but does not eliminate the problem. With some sites (e.g. RBC) 1Password is still trying to auto-fill after the logon has completed.

• That's to be expected, @ings, because Auto-Submit will prompt the site to perform a login and once that fails, most sites will reload.
    For the moment, that's a good workaround.

We've identified the problem and are working on a fix as we speak.

• aquamarine
    aquamarine
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting a problem when logged into a WP website. When I'm editing or creating a new page 1Password jumps in, fills out sections and creates a post of its own. Very embarrassing to see it change the title of a post to my name, save it and publish! How/when will this be fixed please??

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

How/when will this be fixed please??

@aquamarine We're working around the clock on a fix. In the meantime, do not use Firefox -- use Chrome or Internet Explorer. If you really must use Firefox, then do not use "Go & Fill" -- navigate to your login page, then use 1Password to fill only (either via Ctrl+\ or the 1Password button). Thanks!

• tnauck
    tnauck
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using IE 11 and downloaded your trial version of 1Password 4.6.0.585. I've run the set up and set up a half dozen logins, but only one of them is working properly. The others give me an error message that no fields could be filled, or nothing happens even though the login is saved in the program. I've tried deleting and saving new logins, but with no success. Suggestions please.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Error Message: 1Password could not fill any fields

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tnauck,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. I merged your post with the existing thread for this issue. We thought we squashed this bug already, but we are happy to dig deeper to resolve it for you as well. :)

Are you opening the sites from the 1Password extension or the main program? That is to say, are you loading the site in your browser before filling it with the extension?

If you open your browser and "manually" visit the website by typing it into the address bar without using 1Password and then use 1Password to fill, does the problem still persist?

• tnauck
    tnauck
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried both methods equally unsuccessfully. If I enter the website manually I tried clicking on the Sign In link before going to 1Password and just going to 1Password directly once the website appeared. In both methods, 1Password opens another session of the website, but doesn't enter any log-in data. If I try to open the website directly from 1Password, the website comes up, but there is no log-in action by 1Password. Are there some set-up settings that I've failed to check on or off for IE 11 and Windows 7? Thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tnauck,

Could you email us your diagnostic report? Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• tnauck
    tnauck
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostic report just sent. Thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

We got the report and will reply ASAP. Thanks!

ref: RYP-11344-724

This discussion has been closed.